Comair vs. ACA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AFELLOWPILOTHATER:

I seem to remember the new head of DCI in an interview about a year ago explaining that he likes the idea of several DCI carriers -- the more the better -- to basically whipsaw the carriers and and create more cost-effectiveness. So much for your "contract carriers are just filling the gap before Delta gives us all the DCI flying," idea.

ACA reqcently received a congratulatory letter from a senior DL executive on the miraculous turn-around for ACA's operational performance. For several days in October we were the number 1 DCI carrier.

Everything you say about the contract carriers, Delta pilots say about you.

DARNNEARAPILOT,

UH, OK. GLAD YOU SET US ALL STRAIGHT. I AM SURE YOU ARE IN MORE OF A POSITION TO KNOW THESE THINGS THAN I AM.

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
AIRBOARD,
.... our contract is way above aca's

Then why in the hell are you always complaining about us "folding" in only 10 months? You got "way more" than ACA, right?

Driver,

The reason is we were trying to raise the bar and make mgt. pay what the jet was worth. ACA so quickly settleing for what they did made it virtually impossible to do this.

If you do not understand the basic princicple of pattern bargaining then you will never understand my point.

You are a bitter man indeed. How long were you in negotiations? Somebody, besides ACA was also in negotiations, and settled before we did. So why $hit on us?
Additionally, we did not have a big daddy mainline who owned us to put it all together after settlement if a strike materialized. We got better than you had at the time and you got more than we did BECAUSE YOU HAD US TO MEASURE AGAINST. If you have such big balls then why didn't YOU hold YOUR strike longer? Why do you expect ACA pilots to do YOUR negotiating?
You REALLY, REALLY need a beer and a valium. We all do the same thing---we fly planes. So why do you try so hard to divide us all? I am really tired of this high-schoolish name calling. So we are contract pilots. BIG FRAPPIN DEAL!! Newsflash---you were too until not so long ago. Another newsflash--DAL does not like you guys any better than you like ACA pilots. Third newsflash--No matter what you call ACA or Skywest, you are NOT a DAL pilot. And being bitter at us for things like doing our job is not going to make you get to DAL or anywhere else any faster.
The kid earlier asked for an honest response to his question. You could have done this without heading into your personal tirade against ACA because we did not put CMR first in OUR negotiations. As I asked earlier, if you were so convicted, why did you not hold out longer YOURSELVES? The shoe is on the other foot now, isn't it?
Sorry Mr. Negative Outlook, you can't blame someone else for your own problems. You have every right to dissapprove the whole idea of contract carriers. I would too. But two things that you need to show some maturity on are 1)realizing that DAL mainline pilots are saying the SAME things about you and your jets, which I'm sure you have issue with and 2) that whether you like contract carrying or not, calling us "sellouts" and calling SKW pilots things too neither betters your situation nor reflects well on your professionalism or on the points you are trying to make here.
YOUR contract, YOUR problem, YOUR fault. Not ACA's, not Skywest's. Show some maturity.

afellowavaitor

You can't make chicken salad from chiken **it ! The world is full of "Armchair" Patriots. Those not willing to fight for a better life and better working conditions deserve neither!

How anyone can justify accepting the "Status quo" as progress all the while telling you that you didn't do enough should speak for itself!

Thanks for holding out as long as you and your fellow Comair pilots did. We who follow salute you. Those who don't have "Battle Stars" should shut up! They have nothing relavent to say!

Last edited:
Terry,

You say I am a bitter man? Read your post. My goodness. Your little rant was a bunch of empty words with no substance. You would hardly be in a position to comment on the length of our strike now would you?

I see now why you settled after JUST 10 SHORT MONTHS. You have no grasp on what we were attempting to do,period. As in clueless.

At least we were willing to take it to the battle field, even after you guys folded after 10 SHORT MONTHS. But talking to yoy guys about any of this is pointless because you have no idea what we were trying to do. No idea what so ever.

Enjoy your little "piece of the pie" mgt. allowed you to have and take pride in knowing you helped RJ operators (mgt.) secure low wages and work rules that it will take decades for us pilots who are willing to fight to overcome.

Like I said, absolutely clueless.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back