• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Vote Results ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats right blood suckers pile on!!! Pilots can't wait to bathe in someones misery. You should all be ashamed at your vile retoric!

How many "Battle Stars" do you have Fins?? 737?? Report??? Texx ??....PCL-128 ????Yea I thought so. But hey thats history huh! 49.43% are still fighting how about you guys...737? No you're down about 35% ...Fins...not even a strike vote after 3 years???

People who live in glass houses.....

Last edited:
Divide and conquer works........

ALPA's failed scope policies have allowed management to win. Fins and spinproof know this, but have been sucked into believing that this is somehow the fault of a particular pilot group. This was not caused by any single pilot group. It was not caused by Mesa, nor Skywest, nor Comair. Likewise this will not be solved by any single pilot group. No single pilot group, can "hold up the bar" or "draw a line in the sand".

The blame for this lies with the $400,000 per year so called "ALPA leadership". ALPA has failed miserably - point the blame where it belongs. Blaiming your fellow pilots will only hasten managements victory.

Joe

JoeMerchant said:
ALPA's failed scope policies have allowed management to win. Fins and spinproof know this, but have been sucked into believing that this is somehow the fault of a particular pilot group. This was not caused by any single pilot group. It was not caused by Mesa, nor Skywest, nor Comair.

Joe
What in anything I said makes you believe I fault any pilot group? My point is just the opposite!

I agree it is ALL the pilot groups for letting ALPA call the shots for years!!!

Last edited:
spinproof said:
What in anything I said makes you believe I fault any pilot group? My point is just the opposite!

I agree it is ALL the pilot groups for letting ALPA call the shots for years!!!

My apologies if I implied that you blame any other pilot group. I am disappointed that Fins, Surplus, and you seem to be fighting when I know all 3 of you understand how we got to this point.

It's similar to the ASA and CMR MECs relationship. It was at one time the best relationship between any two MECs, but now it is one of the worst. It's bad enough that ALPA put us in this position, let's not make it worse by blaiming each other. Especially not the 2 pilot groups that have actually had the stones to stand up to ALPA in the past.

ReportCanoa said:
Panzies! Thanks from all of us at ASA for giving management another victory.

Tough words from someone who isn't in their same shoes YET. I say yet because we will find ourselves in the same boat at some time in the future because of ALPA's failed policies. When that time comes, at least 50%+1 here at ASA will also be "panzies" in your words. Given the same situation here, you can paint me as one of those "panzies". Management has not only beaten ALPA, they have all but eliminated ALPA from having any leverage at all. I'm not interested in "taking one for the team".

P.S. You may want to add PDT/ALG, PSA, Air Wisc., ACA, UAL, DAL, NWA, AMR, ATA, USAir and Aloha to your list of "panzies" as they have all taken concessions, some more than once, since 9/11.

You can thank ALPA for "giving management another victory".

~~~^~~~ said:
Probably planning NWA70, rev 2, or Super J4J. Yeah, we will take all the new 70 seaters at Jet Blue rates for Delta and NWA pilots and "raise the profession" at the small jet providers.

Anyone want to picket Duane Woerth when he comes to Atlanta to talk to the ASA pilots? After all, he was one of the ones who removed the definition of "operational integration" from the CBL's, an act which dropped the green flag on the race to the bottom.

What just happened at Comair should have never happened. There should not be a "Comair" or an "ASA." ALPA should not allow a portfolio of alter ego airlines flying jets from coast to coast and international to "bid" on each other's work.

Fins,

I think it is MidNStarNewcoAtlanticFreedomJets with a flowthrough and J4J. We won't know until after the new ALPA scope committee finishes it's latest top priority report in 5 years.

Sign me up for picketing Duane at the ASA dinner. There was a time when our MEC Chairman would join us in picketing Duane, but not anymore - something about politics and strange bedfellows.

JoeMerchant said:
My apologies if I implied that you blame any other pilot group. I am disappointed that Fins, Surplus, and you seem to be fighting when I know all 3 of you understand how we got to this point.

It's similar to the ASA and CMR MECs relationship. It was at one time the best relationship between any two MECs, but now it is one of the worst. It's bad enough that ALPA put us in this position, let's not make it worse by blaiming each other. Especially not the 2 pilot groups that have actually had the stones to stand up to ALPA in the past.

Agreed!

ILS2DH said:
I'm sure you would. YOU are exactly what is wrong with this industry. I'm sure you are a minority at ASA because no one I know there shares this attitude. Our pay freeze NEVER affected your aircraft deliveries or flying, so why the hostility?

ILS2DH, this guy is a minority here at ASA. Most of us don't blame you guys for this problem. ALPA on the other hand, that is a different story. They have failed us all. It was a tough decision you guys had to make. The question we should all be asking is when are we going to get some leadership from Herndon?

Plug said:
I don't think any of us at ASA want to fly CMR planes. At the same time stop pinning blame on ASA pilots for long negotiations. We have been at it for almost 3 1/2 years, same as CMR did on the last contract, and we are close to being released or having a deal (3/3/06). It hasn't helped that just about every carrier out there took some sort of cut including CMR now twice. The first one brought you down to everyone elses level and this latest one brought you down below most except Mesa. You guys have nothing to be proud of and are in no position to be pointing fingers!

Hey Plug, CMR is only the last in a long list of ALPA carriers that have been forced to play in this game of "pay to play". When is ALPA going to come up with a strategy to combat "pay to play"? It's easy for $400,000 per year DW to preach to someone who only makes 1/8th or 1/16th what he makes. If I say NO to the "pay to play" game, will Duane help pay my bills? Somehow I doubt it.

Latest resources

Back