• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does Comair pay you and put you up during training? That would be more important than upgrade times for some folks. Any word on when the JFK base will be up and running?

Comair pays $240/week during training, no hotel. When I was there I forgot to ask if that also applies to people who will not be based at CVG and therefore won't be looking for a permanent residence in Cincinnati during training.

Last edited:
If you're not based in CVG, you will get a hotel if training is done in CVG.

Are they going to wait until after you finish training to assign a base... Who knows....

I always thought the best crew brief went like:

1: Lets keep our names out of the newspaper.
2: Make sure we don't scrape any paint off of the airplane.
3: The less management knows, the better.
4: Start both engines before we takeoff.
5: Put the gear down before we land.

Any questions?

Originally Posted by wrigley23
The best crew briefs go like this..."hey man, I'm over here and you're over there because I got here before you. That's the only reason. You watch my back, I'll watch yours and we'll stay out of the chief pilot's office. Other than that, let's have a little fun, keep the greasy side down and go home like it never happened. Any questions?"

Nope. And another trip passes you by. :)

I still think thats one of the best briefs I've heard yet!

Comair pays for 7 days of hotel and then you have to get a crash-pad. You can find them from $100 a month to $500 a month it depends. In class they told us that we are going to be based in CVG for the time being but expect to go to JFK. We were also told that we might be able to hold lines in JFK. (They said there is a good chance that we could hold lines). My class starts SIMM next week.

UBA757

My original brief for a new FO was more or less as follows:

"Three things:
1- If there's anything flashing red on the radar, we don't go into it.
2- We don't do anything that will be rewarded with a call from the Chief Pilot
3- If the FAA shows up, we'll run for the treeline, screaming like sissies.
That is all.
Any questions?"

Not as succinct as the brief from a captain I used to fly the 1900 with:

"I know it, you know it, let's do it."

ACE said:
Why don't you guys worry more about how to fly in the right seat first. It annoys me to no end when I have a person seated to my right whinning about upgrading , when he is years away from the left seat and lacks the experience to upgrade.

How many DAYS did it take you to upgrade??.... It is a fair question and you should probably put a little more grease on your head before walking into a room so you don't accidentally leave it behind...many times (at least in my case) its about an upgrade in pay and not a change in seats..I don't want to live on 35 or 40 g's a year forever.

Unfortunately, it is kinda like asking how long is a rope or whats the difference between a chicken...lol...its impossible to tell how long upgrade will be for a new hire based on what it is when they start class...especially in a company the size of Comair.

psysicx said:
I thought someone said it took 3 years just to get off reserve?

I got hired Nov 03, and got awarded my first real line next month, so about 1.5 years for me, but who knows with all the changes going on. If you stay in CVG, it could take 3 years. If you go to JFK, it could take 1 month...or the other way around...

Latest resources

Back