• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair up for sale soon?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In order settle any former or current rumors on this matter, I would like to go ahead and announce that it is I, JE from Indiana, a first year FO, bought comair. I have been saving since highschool, i made them an offer of 2 million dollars, 4 cases of Sam Adams, 4 alpa lanyards, 3 goats, 6 alteregoJ** stickers, an ipod, a back pack, some hair gel, 38 abandoned flight kits from the crew room in ORD, a gremlin, 9 Jeff Foxworthy CDs, season 6 of southpark, and a compass ring. they said throw in that kick ass pair of chuck taylors and we would have a deal. I said "hey no go! quit low balling me!" and they accepted. I am really excited to get started as the owner/operator/CEO/CFO/CP at comair. See you guys out there.

Just like ASA, it's been for sale since JG took over. They got SKYW to buy ASA after a couple years of pitching. Comair still doesn't have a buyer.

Delta, who's best ever margin was around 4.5% wants to sell a division with a 10%+ margin for 1/5th of what it has invested in it. Then after requiring costs to be so low that they can not pay and staff the airline, will probably take over the ground handling.

Candidly, I've never understood why Delta, or any airline, wants to sell its high yield regional divisions. There must be a lot more to it than what I see. If I was Delta I would vertically integrate the whole business model and actually deliver a seamless product. Delta could get Connection employees to work faithfully for less by holding out the carrot of a real airline job to flow up into.

SkyWest as a subordinate business partner has stock trading around $27, while United and Delta's stock have both bounced off zero.

Again, if Delta wants to sell this, they need to make Comair sexy. They should be growing Comair, not parking their airplanes. They are down what 28, or so, jets since last year? Anyone understand why Delta keeps growing everyone but ASA and Comair?

ACL65 I do see your point. Comair is an airline in an age of alter ego crew leasing companies.

Last edited:
Again, if Delta wants to sell this, they need to make Comair sexy.

My favorite quote this year! Comair and sexy are two words that have nothing to do with each other, but i appreciate the thought.

We have lost this:

Total of 16 40/50 seat acft have been returned to date.

Total of 8 70

Why sell something that is going to make you over $10 million a quarter?

In order settle any former or current rumors on this matter, I would like to go ahead and announce that it is I, JE from Indiana, a first year FO, bought comair. I have been saving since highschool, i made them an offer of 2 million dollars, 4 cases of Sam Adams, 4 alpa lanyards, 3 goats, 6 alteregoJ** stickers, an ipod, a back pack, some hair gel, 38 abandoned flight kits from the crew room in ORD, a gremlin, 9 Jeff Foxworthy CDs, season 6 of southpark, and a compass ring. they said throw in that kick ass pair of chuck taylors and we would have a deal. I said "hey no go! quit low balling me!" and they accepted. I am really excited to get started as the owner/operator/CEO/CFO/CP at comair. See you guys out there.

Now THAT'S funny, I don't care who you are!

Like PFred used to say, " if an airline isn't growing, then it's dying". Its a shame that the only big news after 65% of the Comair pilots voted for a paycut was Mesa and Chitauqua had signed a new agreement with Delta, yippee!. Comair is gone, no matter how many additional paycuts you may vote for in the future.

Oh yeah, there were a lot of "yippees" going on at Chautauqua after the "award" was announced. You do realize that we lost flying staring in 08.

The only reason Comair is showing a profit is because Delta is paying them fee for departure. Delta can set any profit margin they want for Comair. Maybe they want Comair to look good so someone might buy them. Maybe they want to shift profits for some other reason. Holy owned sub like PSA, Piedmont and comair are making profits only because the mainline airline pays them a high fee.

Latest resources

Back