• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Groucho

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070327/delta_outlook.html?.v=12

Could be...
For years it has been said that they were too expensive. Since they have gotten the cost down in bankrupcy DL could sell them to the highest bidder.

Doesn't Comair's latest pay cut agreement say something about scope being null and void should Comair be sold? Hmmmmm.....

I'm sure DAL would love to ditch them...they have more potential value to another (non-major airline) owner who can whipsaw them and hold their feet to the fire more effectively.

I don't know why anyone would want Comair. Look at the history here. Continental sold COEX on the market, then bid out their flying after the sale. More to the point, Delta sold ASA, then ASA lost market share every where that it flew for Delta. Rumors are now that ASA will be crossed out of the 80% of ATL flying in the current DCI agreement.

Delta's recent 90 seat award went to Mesa, increasing Mesa's value, not Comair's (or Delta's) value.

Delta's best shot at selling Comair would have been to award them all the E170 flying (just like the pilots took pay cuts to get) but that did not happen.

I have no idea why anyone would want to buy Comair for any price. It is no slam on Comair, but simply the recognition that Comair is part of Delta that Delta has indicated that it wants to shrink in favor of other parts of its operation.

The only reason to buy Comair is for what may be super cheap lease rates negotiated in bankruptcy, but I'm not sure even those fire sale prices would go with the airline.

All true FIN. I would have to add that if they are to be sold the deal was done a long time ago. I am sure that there will be some deals on flying. Everyone wants guarantees. It is a fact of life. It really makes the most sense for them. Heck they may just part it out. No one really needs all of the infrastructure that comair has. They really need just the planes and the gates, the rest everyone already has.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back