• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair/TYS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, we wouldn't want you to "go squish".

Pretty insensitive remark by you, or should I get a sense of humor.
Sorry, I failed sensitivity training.
I guess I should just get more in touch with my own feelings.

..........Or just think about the feelings of others. I'm sure friends or family or co-workers of this ramper would love to read your description of him "going squish".

RDU Eagle ramper killed last year.

Heard he was walking down the stairs as the jetbridge started moving and lost balance and fell under jetbridge. Had to amputate one leg. Last I was told as previously posted at UT Medical Center in serious condition.:(

He fell from the stairs on the jet way. Today I was told by a fellow employee of his that both of his legs had to be amputated and he is paralyzed from around the lower back down. Tough times especially during Christmas. The jet bridge tires went over him after he fell. It happened on the lower end gates. I am not sure which one. DGS handles the whole airport. I am United Express so I was up on 7. There is a separation of the employees at DGS and he was in a different code share than the folks on the gate I was on. This is just terrible. I hope that we all use this to realize one of the hazards of our chosen profession and are careful on the stairs especially when the jet way is moving. IOE captains should use this as a teaching point for the new guys. Could be a good initiative for ALPA safety.

Sad indeed, especially this time of year. :(
I wish him a successful recovery.
Let's ALL be careful out there, no matter what our job title is.

He fell from the stairs on the jet way. Today I was told by a fellow employee of his that both of his legs had to be amputated and he is paralyzed from around the lower back down. Tough times especially during Christmas. The jet bridge tires went over him after he fell. It happened on the lower end gates. I am not sure which one. DGS handles the whole airport. I am United Express so I was up on 7. There is a separation of the employees at DGS and he was in a different code share than the folks on the gate I was on. This is just terrible. I hope that we all use this to realize one of the hazards of our chosen profession and are careful on the stairs especially when the jet way is moving. IOE captains should use this as a teaching point for the new guys. Could be a good initiative for ALPA safety.
The ramper is a Comair employee. Actually Comair does above and below wing cutomer service for Delta/DCI and United Express in TYS.

Latest resources

Back