• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to XJ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you have a point, or are you just being confused by the facts? Good work rules, comparable pay, long history in the industry. Periods of growth and furloughs. Contract negotiations and bankruptcy. Ups and downs like nearly every airline over time. For some I think it's the first downturn in the industry that they have seen. Talk to some of those pilots that might not be as pretty as Cessnaman, and maybe a little less hair. You guys might learn something from history. Then again maybe not.

I'm trying to figure out how XJ is the bad guy? Is it because we have not hired everybody that has applied?

As far as how you feel XJ ranks in the big picture, I couldn't care less. Don't come here if you don't like it. I'm sure we'll get along just fine.

I repeat:
You still work for a company that is about 1 rung up from the other "M" airline--get over yourself!

I repeat:
You still work for a company that is about 1 rung up from the other "M" airline--get over yourself!
Checking some of your past posts, it seems you are "king of the one-liners". Do you actually have a point, or do you just like interjecting, "My airline is better than yours."

ASA is a good company (I have many friends there), and you are and have been feeling the crunch of the industry for a couple of years, but you obviously know nothing of Mesaba, it's people, or it's history. The fact that we are growing, while others are shrinking, is due to the fact that we already felt your pain. And I don't remember any XJ guys crying how ASA or any other airlines, were scumsucking bottom feeders of the industry. Get over yourself, learn some history, and if you respond...Please actually give us some content and not another oneliner.

I repeat:

I don't have a dog in this fight but I used to ride your beloved ASA not that long ago CHA-ATL. From my experiences I would take either of the "M" airlines than the service I saw from ASA. I heard your service has improved but remember you used to be the laughing stock of Delta Connection before that "M" airline came along.

How hard would it have been for ALPA at Mesaba to say to managment.

We will take all the furloughed Comair pilots before anyone else? Why shouldn't they, is my question. Why didn't they?

Where is Rez O Gheyshun

edit: ( I am not a comair pilot, just someone looking inside)
Metro, when my small, government funded airline went out of business...our pilots were given preferential hiring at Regional XYZ. Not everybody chose to interview with XYZ...but as I recall, those of our pilots who did interview were hired (Which was nice of Regional XYZ)

And we did that without ALPA.

Now, back to your question: I think it's a good one. One would think ALPA wouldn't have a tough time putting a case together for its dues paying members.
Aren't they going to be interviewed by other pilots?

Checking some of your past posts, it seems you are "king of the one-liners". Do you actually have a point, or do you just like interjecting, "My airline is better than yours."

ASA is a good company (I have many friends there), and you are and have been feeling the crunch of the industry for a couple of years, but you obviously know nothing of Mesaba, it's people, or it's history. The fact that we are growing, while others are shrinking, is due to the fact that we already felt your pain. And I don't remember any XJ guys crying how ASA or any other airlines, were scumsucking bottom feeders of the industry. Get over yourself, learn some history, and if you respond...Please actually give us some content and not another oneliner.

I repeat (AGAIN):

Don't take it personal! It doesn't matter which airline we are talking about at this level, mine or yours, or what the first letter of the airline is, all things considered, they are all about the same--just some worse than others! The comment made did not purport that "my airline is better than yours."

The reason for my "one liner" as you categorized it, is your pious and self-rightous statement regarding Comair pilots. First, the ones that need jobs now only worked there for about a year. I am sure they have no loyalty to any airline--they just want a job.

Your growth is not attributed to who your company is , your history, or the people. Opining that position, sounds like self-entitlement. You are getting the growth because your cost structure is one rung above the other "M" airline. With knowledge of your history and your company, I realize that's not your fault. However, if not already, very soon, the criteria for your snapback provisions will be met. A defining moment will be whether your pilot group enforces those provisions.

Metro, when my small, government funded airline went out of business...our pilots were given preferential hiring at Regional XYZ. Not everybody chose to interview with XYZ...but as I recall, those of our pilots who did interview were hired (Which was nice of Regional XYZ)

And we did that without ALPA. Kudos! Maybe those pilots were qualified and met the hiring requirments. That certainly would have benefitted Regional XYZ.

Now, back to your question: I think it's a good one. One would think ALPA wouldn't have a tough time putting a case together for its dues paying members.
Aren't they going to be interviewed by other pilots?

Is the government responsible for a chicken in every pot?

Is the government responsible for a chicken in every pot?
Before the cheerleaders start thumping their chest and waving this "accomplishment" in everyone's face...I just wanted to show that a group of non-union pilots was able to accomplish the same thing

The reason for my "one liner" as you categorized it, is your pious and self-rightous statement regarding Comair pilots. First, the ones that need jobs now only worked there for about a year. I am sure they have no loyalty to any airline--they just want a job.

Your growth is not attributed to who your company is , your history, or the people. Opining that position, sounds like self-entitlement. You are getting the growth because your cost structure is one rung above the other "M" airline. With knowledge of your history and your company, I realize that's not your fault. However, if not already, very soon, the criteria for your snapback provisions will be met. A defining moment will be whether your pilot group enforces those provisions.
I am assuming you are talking about XJCaptains post and directing your replies towards me. So I'll keep my self-rightous replies to myself and leave that alone. Our snapback provisions have not only been met, but the first of them has already occured. These are not reflected on the APC payscales yet, which I already posted a comparison earlier in this thread.

Don't worry about our pilot groups willingness to stand and fight. We have already proven that. We will continue fighting with our own mgmt. and will help as much as we can with the rest of the NWA/DAL/DCI carriers. We maybe cheaper right now because of our sham bankrupcy and government forced concessionary contract, but don't think we are willing to undercut others to gain flying. Save yor agression for your mgmt and don't drink their kool-aid.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back