Comair to lose Aircraft in Chap 11??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJ Bum said:
I agree with you, that's why I put question marks at the end of the statement..

I stand corrected your punctuation does suggest a question as oppossed to a statement. :eek:

Ameriagle said:
A recent article in AIN, written by Gregory Polek, on the aquisition of ASA by Skywest makes the statement that 40 CRJ's currently operated by ASA are on Comair's books and are actually leased by ASA! I am just wondering (if it is true) how this may in fact impact ASA/Skywest down the line once Comair starts unloading airframes? I'm assuming the notes on these aircraft would be transfered and may account for some of the reductions mentioned.

If they are being leased to ASA I doubt those will be dropped since ASA/ skywest must be paying for them. The bottom line is the planes that will be dumped are the ones being operated at the highest CPSM.

I think the bottom line here is that delta needs to shed some 50 seaters.

Skywest/ASA has theres pretty much locked up, I doubt they will lose many.

There is no doubt that Comair will lose some

CHQ will probably lose some, but there will probably be some type of agreement where they will be replaced by 70 seaters.

I am not sure about Mesa. I don't know why DAL was so quick to add 30 more 50 seaters. My guess is because Mesa is dirt cheap and they can use that fact to get the other connection carriers to reduce costs (although that will be easy now with Chap 11 anyway. Reduce costs or your gone!)

DAL does not care about the pax... they brought Mesa in for god's sake. They care about the bottom line.

The next few months are going to see some changes in the Delta Connection family.

RJ Bum said:
I also agree, even though management told us they will keep them on property by reducing A/C usage a day.
Thats what what they told us at ATA about 2 months before I got my furlough letter and watched 737-8's leave for parking in the desert......

UM#1 said:
RJ Bum said:
I also agree, even though management told us they will keep them on property by reducing A/C usage a day.
Thats what what they told us at ATA about 2 months before I got my furlough letter and watched 737-8's leave for parking in the desert......

Well that's encouraging..... Good luck to everyone.

Delta to get 90 seaters

Had a Delta Capt in the jumpseat upfront.....make the statement that one of their MEC demands would be for the the 90 seaters to go their way to replace loss of other airframes......would Delta Management hang Comair out to dry???

Somebody told me, Comair might be sold off plane by plane. They said with the high fuel costs the 50 seaters just weren't as profitable to fly as larger aircraft. Cross your fingers boys, these rumors are no good.

On a better note, I also heard though that Q-400 was a very likely new airframe for Comair and that it would be flown out of Denver for United. I've heard this from several people. I like that rumor better every day.

Sorry to spread rumors, but I can't help it.

every carrier that gives feed to Delta is suspect to aircraft loss.....Rember that EVERY contract is up for renegotiation once CH11 is filed.....labor, food service, lease agreements, and yes contract flying. If you had a 10 year deal to fly Delta feed guess what....it can be axed if Delta wants to. that means that they can park 50 seat rj's 50 seat erjs........noone is safe. And yes, that q400 thing is not a rumor......it will happen. I have my newly issued Q400 fcom on my desk.
Time to start studying

Waco

Latest resources

Back