• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Management doesn't need to create a bigger then necessary exodus by announcing accurate figures, so I figured they'd give a low ball figure to the pilot group

Why not? If they start a "bigger than necessary" exodus, the furlough problem might just resolve itself.

Why not? If they start a "bigger than necessary" exodus, the furlough problem might just resolve itself.
My line of thinking is that they don't want to find themselves in a pilot shortage i.e. they anounce 300 furloughs and 450 pilots end up leaving...then they need to put more money into training costs

"Management doesn't need to create a bigger then necessary exodus by announcing accurate figures"

An exodus to where? Home Depot?

My line of thinking is that they don't want to find themselves in a pilot shortage i.e. they anounce 300 furloughs and 450 pilots end up leaving...then they need to put more money into training costs

Well, then if they announce 150, 300 will leave and the situation will still resolve itself.

"Management doesn't need to create a bigger then necessary exodus by announcing accurate figures"

An exodus to where? Home Depot?

Good point. Good thing I still have my class B CDL.

Well, then if they announce 150, 300 will leave and the situation will still resolve itself.
Perhaps. What are other line pilots thinking? Are people expecting to weather the furloughs? Or are people getting antsy with the DAL/NWA merger? The 2 airlines don't need 6 feeders and the NWA feeders are cheaper to operate, right?

Back in the fall of 2005 they hired people and trained them right up to furloughs in the Winter.

How long did those furloughs last? I didnt think we ever furloughed before.

Latest resources

Back