• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to a LEC rep just yesterday, 03 July, the company has not release any numbers for a possible furlough.

Talks are planned to keep the numbers below 100 pilots.

According to a LEC rep just yesterday, 03 July, the company has not release any numbers for a possible furlough.

Talks are planned to keep the numbers below 100 pilots.

I thought 300 was a high number too. My friend flew with a rep when he got a phone call. 300 was the number told to this rep on July 2.
My buddy called me while the crew was together, so he relayed this info to me right infront of the rep.

I was in the crew room briefly and heard 300 tossed out there a couple of other times by other crew members.
I for one hope is doesn't happen. My parol officer said if I get furloughed, I have to return to the halfway house.

Comair has suspended all hiring and there is only one new hire class which I believe starts next week.

Which begs the question, "If they are supposedly announcing furlough numbers, then why spend the money with another new hire class?"

Comair has suspended all hiring and there is only one new hire class which I believe starts next week.

Which begs the question, "If they are supposedly announcing furlough numbers, then why spend the money with another new hire class?"

Bid packet said all classes after June 30th ahd been canceled. I don't believe they have a class starting.

Since when do airline management teams make decisions that make sense?

United just did the same thing. They told the new hires in class they would be furloughed by fall but they were going to train them anyway.

And then they wonder why they go bankrupt. :rolleyes:

Just my personal opinion. So you know it's the truth because I posted it.:rolleyes:
I was just curious if that was a figure from management. I'd figure if mangement gave you a number, to double it. Management doesn't need to create a bigger then necessary exodus by announcing accurate figures, so I figured they'd give a low ball figure to the pilot group

Latest resources

Back