Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it goes to show that there are skeletons in everyone's closet. We can only strive to learn something from our mistakes and to do better next time.

What happens when "doing better" for the profession and "doing better" for number 1 conflict? Number 1 will always trump the "whole" unless you create a true national union with lateral movement.....

I agree we that. I was just amazed how quickly Comair's reputation was changed so quickly to elite status shortly after the strike. Comair became the best regional in the industry. Yet, they seem to have been the front runner in a PFT game that was quickly forgotten. That surprised me. That was my point.
I did not PFT. I had my chance with Comair in 1991. I said no. That was my choice. Right or wrong. I flew 135 instead. PCL dropped PFT before I got there, as long as you had several(?) thousand hours. I'm not saying I have a problem with PFT. Just could not figure out, at the time, how a regional could kill their dark horse so quickly. It shocked me and at the same time I was impressed.

I never paid for PFT. I left UND went to Piedmont and then came to Comair. The only reason I came here was I wanted a place to make a good living during the down time at the majors, and yeah it sucks. We have been screwed ever since. I personally hate Mesa,Chataqwhatever, and Big Scare. So be it.

I agree we that. I was just amazed how quickly Comair's reputation was changed so quickly to elite status shortly after the strike. Comair became the best regional in the industry. Yet, they seem to have been the front runner in a PFT game that was quickly forgotten. That surprised me. That was my point.
I did not PFT. I had my chance with Comair in 1991. I said no. That was my choice. Right or wrong. I flew 135 instead. PCL dropped PFT before I got there, as long as you had several(?) thousand hours. I'm not saying I have a problem with PFT. Just could not figure out, at the time, how a regional could kill their dark horse so quickly. It shocked me and at the same time I was impressed.

The problem is this industry doesn't reward anyone for making the "right" decision.....I refused to do PFT initially...No reward.....You refused to do PFT at all.....No reward.....The CMR pilots went on strike for 89 days.....There reward as one of the highest cost carriers and the only regional to strike....is to have their flying transferred to other ALPA regionals like ASA, PNCL, and Mesaba.....

No single pilot or pilot group can solve this mess.....Only a true national union with brand scope and a sympathetic mainline group can reverse the trend.....

I never paid for PFT. I left UND went to Piedmont and then came to Comair. The only reason I came here was I wanted a place to make a good living during the down time at the majors, and yeah it sucks. We have been screwed ever since. I personally hate Mesa,Chataqwhatever, and Big Scare. So be it.

In essence...anyone who goes to the "regionals" only to one day go to the "majors" is participating in PFT......There really shouldn't be a "regional" or "major".....

JoeMerchant vbmenu_register("postmenu_1710159", true);

I agree. I would love to be at a major airline. They are all worse than we are at Furloughs.

Can't debate that staement. Only wish I could fix it.

You can't fix it...I can't fix it....

WE can fix it if it WE decide to hold our union accountable....It would require threatening it to the point of extinction.....That is the ONLY way that ALPA will change....

IF the regional pilots started a serious decertification movement and joined together....you might see some movement at the national and mainline level that would fix this problem......

The problem is that it requires standing up to the union and to the mainline pilots....most regional pilots don't want to do that.....

V-1 and Simon - too bad the facts will ALWAYS be lost on the masses.

Best of luck to all of those at Comair.

Ahhh, OK....the sarcasm was lost in the post. Now I read it the way it was intended to be read. I know you are an XJ guy, and if I only saw that before hand I would of got your sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back