Comair Strike Vote???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JustaNumber

I just heard a rumor that in addition to the ASA pilots, the Comair pilots are getting ready to take a strike vote soon. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

In my personal opinion, the possibility of a Comair strike bears closer watching than a DALPA walkout. When it comes to the 11th hour (or is it 7th hour?), I believe the Delta pilots will abide by Judge Judy’s decision, whatever it may be, as they have the most to lose from shutting down Delta. The Comair pilots, on the other hand, could work at any other regional for better than the proposed pay rates, and so (other than the loss of seniority, which isn’t worth nearly as much as it once was at Comair anymore) would have no problem walking away. A basic law of economics says that the group receiving the lowest compensation in any industry (or in this case the lowest proposed compensation) has the greatest bargaining power, and the group receiving the highest compensation has the least bargaining power.

So I believe if the Comair pilots have their contract voided, they WILL walk. How long could Delta survive a Comair strike this time around? Probably not 89 days.

It’s interesting that the annual amount of pilot savings that Delta is looking for from the Comair pilots is very close to the amount of money lost per day in the last strike. The only reason Delta would allow a strike would be to set another precedent, that could/would influence the ASA negotiations. But with LM gone, are they still that hardheaded that they would spite the shareholders in the name of precedent? Do you think Delta will fold on this one? For the industry’s sake, lets all hope so.

I don't think Delta could survive a day without Comair.

So I believe if the Comair pilots have their contract voided, they WILL walk. How long could Delta survive a Comair strike this time around? Probably not 89 days.

Okay, good point. Delta certainly has an interest in the downward pressure on all pilot contracts within the Delta family, but I guess in the end, they're primarily concerned with those of Comair and Delta mainline. Still not good for any of us.

JustaNumber said:
Okay, good point. Delta certainly has an interest in the downward pressure on all pilot contracts within the Delta family, but I guess in the end, they're primarily concerned with those of Comair and Delta mainline. Still not good for any of us.

You missed the sarcasm, and to add on...... I don't think Delta gives a rats azz about anyone at Delta or Comair. The "Family" is long gone-

Peace out-

You know, someone needs to take one for the team.......UAL and USAir should have been allowed to fold.....the market is naturally self correcting unless compaines (GE) and the Gov step in and screw it up...that is why we find ourselves in the situation we're in......someone needs to go under....

Actually, an ASA strike could be the final nail in the DAL coffin. ASA is huge for DAL in ATL (DAL's bread & butter hub) and a strike would have a disasterous affect on DAL's bottom line. Food for thought!

Delta should be concerned with any interuption in service from anyone flying for DAL.

JustaNumber said:
I just heard a rumor that in addition to the ASA pilots, the Comair pilots are getting ready to take a strike vote soon.

Are the CMR pilots in a section 1113 hearing? If not, then how could they strike if they still have a contract negotiated under the RLA? A strike vote might seem a little premature at this point, although I have no doubt that they will strike if their contract is rejected.

strike?

Nobody is gonna strike no mater what happens with their contract. Idle threat and Delta mgnt knows it.

Latest resources

Back