• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Strike Vote???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK Bender (by the way, the irony of the name is the fact that bender in most english speaking part of the world means homo).
You sound very similar to the morons (mgt) who said we wouldn't strike back in 2001, do you really think that the same people who gave up three months pay to improve their lives (and yours) are now going to roll over and take it in the arse because we now have mortgages and families, guess what, while you were sat in that 152 picking your nose we already had those mortgages and families, we still went on strike for what we beleived in. Don't judge us on what you would do.
The support you talk of was a massive $640 every two weeks before tax, that might sound like a lot to most DCI pilots, but for people who live in reality it is nothing. Half what the eastern pilots got ten years earlier. Yes we a sh!t scared, run, run MESA are coming. Grow up, one day you may want a salary you can live on, maybe even buy a car and not have to get your folks to drop you off at the airport.
You just watch, if Delta don't do it we will if we get the chance. You can pick at the crumbs that are left, you might enjoy that, you are after all very good at that.

Buddy, i am furloughed from USAir along with 2000 of my peers.

Chances are you were melting crayons when I started flying in this industry.

I don't think your group will try it again. If i'm wrong i'll be the first to say so.

Wow, bet you wish you were a 170 pilot. That would be a perfect move buddy.
You have no knowledge of Comair or its people and how they feel about the company screwing us and give companies like CHQ all the flying just so their mgt can give the profits to us airways.
It sucks you are out of work, but it is not the same as seeing your parent company giving away flying to non alpa union airlines. It is sad when i see people who have been hear for twenty years , who see their job (and mine) being given away to some dude who has been out of flight school for two weeks. Even sadder is seeing our buddies at Delta signing deals with mgt to give flying away to none alpa pilot groups. NICE
We will walk, we have nothing to lose, worst comes to worst, we could get a job with MESA or CHQ, by the way,Comair mgt is telling us we have to take less than mesa get, so why would we stay here, washing windsheild at the traffic lights pays better.
So long buddy know everything.

communist air er, i mean comairs days are numbered. strike or not the pilot group should make some newplans. delta will soon sell off comair to some other regional. republic or mesa are possiblities. the comair pilots will be simply stapled to bottom of some senority list and given a united sized pay cut.

just my opinion.

Jet_Dreamer said:
comairs days are numbered

This unfortunate assessment is real, nonetheless sad. Comair has been ‘trapped’ in a major power play in which there is no way out. Allow me to explain.

No one doubts or discredits what RJ pilots ‘should’ make, and CMR pilots did raise the bar back in 2001. The problem is no one went with them (for various reasons that would take a book to cover). Regardless, they found themselves standing alone. When Main Line Management realized in late 2002/early 2003 that this industry trend toward the toilet wasn’t going to stop; they naturally set their eyes on ALL available means of cash to survive. In the DAL case, having owned ASA and CMR together, they began shopping for a buyer. ASA was a hard enough sell, but they convinced Skywest to do it; with their southern laidback style of passive resistance Skywest management will attempt new ground as it tries to assimilate ASA pilots into a “management friendly” company (I still bet DAL had to coherence them into buying ASA, buts that another post). The Comair Pilot group has a different reputation within the business. The strike of 2001 was a major eye opener for regional airline management, much less DAL management. Had 9/11 not happened, 2002 was shaping up for what could have been the big push to level the bar at the regional level, and JC Lawson/CMR/ALPA was getting ready for the fight. That changed overnight, but CMR’s new attitude didn’t. No one wants to touch them with a ten foot pole. The CMR MEC/pilot group has shot more cannons off at ALPA National, DAL Pilots, DAL management, CMR management and the Republican Party than I can remember. Their viewed as a wild-eyed band of knuckle heads in most circles.

Now the trap: CMR most likely makes money on their operating model, DAL looses money, and it is like paying your kid to wash your own car for 50 bucks when the car wash will do it for 40. No matter how low the wage in which CMR pilots agree to work, it doesn’t matter at this point, the bar has been set by Shuttle America and others. CMR got left holding the bag, while all the others ran like crazy. And all DAL wants is the cash. The entire bankruptcy issue is nothing more than a point of opportunity for DAL and CMR management. I look to see CMR take a middle of the road contract either through negotiations, or through a Judge imposed ruling. Once this change to the contract is in place, its time to get serious about selling it. There is no other choice for CMR. If the airline survives, it will be nothing more than what it now, a regional airline. Of course, if CMR pilots did go on strike after having their contract abrogated; that would spell the end of CMR overnight. DAL is in no position to play those games anymore. And unfortunately, there are too many ‘bottom feeders’ standing by.

Jet dreamer, what are you goin on about, communist air? Still a little pissed you didn't get hired there? Ended up at CHQ did you? Its real name is clown air or comedy air, but communist air, that is sad, considering they get paid alot more than any other DCI carrier, capitalism is all about money, something Comair pilots like getting for doing their job, as opposed to the other half priced whores in DCI.
What makes me really sick is when a Freedumb guy walks into Comair ops in Orlando and say "Hi guys, hows it going", you just what to say "fukking great thanks to you retard", but then you remember that the guy is clueless and has no idea about the industry he is destroying from the bottom up, ask the Delta guys, they are the top and they are being told the are too expensive.
You erode the bottom and the top will fall. Well done boys the top is falling nicely, lets all climb on the bottom and hope to god no one else tries to go any lower. Now that is a real dream.
Communist air...., you retard.

heard 'communist air' mentioned during a friendly conversation. anyways, like i said it was my opinion. this is america,right? no i am not a f8 guy. and no i DO not want to work for clown air. way to far east.

besides, i am sure comair wont be around much longer. they just dont fit the mold for regional airlines. pilots make more than anyone else in 50 seat aircraft and delta is in deep dodo. wake up, and smell the coffee.

It's pretty easy to see the direction Comair is going. Just take a look at the leadership. Over the last year you've lost an F/O rep...and F/O rep candidate, and a Captain rep (and LEC chairman).

When the even the rats start to abandon the ship...

(not that those guys are "rats", but you get the idea)

Last edited:
cmrflyer said:
but then you remember that the guy is clueless and has no idea about the industry he is destroying from the bottom up, ask the Delta guys, they are the top and they are being told the are too expensive.
You erode the bottom and the top will fall. Well done boys the top is falling nicely, lets all climb on the bottom and hope to god no one else tries to go any lower. Now that is a real dream.
Communist air...., you retard.

The Comair guys showed a great deal of resolve in striking to get the best contract among the regionals. They are to be commended.

There is, indeed, a race to the bottom taking place industry wide.

BUT, who was it that brought us "buy a job for $10,000"? Created an "academy" where a mid-life crisis could take a guy from a cubicle to the right seat of a CRJ in a matter of months?

Make no mistake about it, the "erosion" began when progressively larger jets began being flown by contractors.

When mainline pilots negotiated to allow same.

There is a lot of dirt on many hands in this debate.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back