• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Staffing Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure what you meant by that! It is just a prediction. Delta says we are getting rid of several DCI carriers. One is going to be Comair.

As soon as the flow-back deal is done, when D cuts mainline you can flow-back to Comair as an FO in a CRJ200

How many are we going to be down to after the 1/19 furlough?

1180 total pilots down from 1477... with probably more to come after that. I think it'll probably settle down to about 1000 when it's all said and done. Although that is subject to change on a dime like everything else in this industry.

Had a Delta rep on the JS yesterday. He said that with these reductions, they're looking to be furloughing in early spring.

You can't be talking about mainline, are you? There is absolutely no way any rep at DAL would know this yet. Not until after the seniority list is final on Dec 8. Also, as pointed out in other threads, things PICK UP in summer. Furloughing in early spring while ramping up for a summer schedule is not the normal practice.

1) Pilot staffing for announced flying cutbacks have already been taken into account. 2) More retirements to come. 3) NWA needs to be BROUGHT UP to DAL's staffing model. 4) Enormous training costs for furloughed pilots who would go to Compass(we'd take ALL of their positions). 5) Enormous retraining costs if recalled back to mainline within 2 years.

I'm not saying DAL won't furlough, but this rep on your jumpseat seems uninformed. Could it be you we just trying to get under acarpe's skin for all his (stupid) posts? I understand if that's the case, but I just wanted to set the REAL record strait.

Last edited:
So acarpe, you seem to enjoy the fact of thousands of pilots losing their jobs??!! You're a true class act.

I am sorry you think that. You must have misunderstood my previous posts. I am only glad about Comair pilots losing their jobs! I am very sorry to see any furloughs anywhere else.

No more flying to be loss by Oh in 2009. F off Acarpe, maybe you will get to fly a 700 or 170 next year.

Lairs are all alike

Delta says we are getting rid of several DCI carriers. One is going to be Comair.

Where and when did Delta say this?

If you can show one shread of truth to this statement I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Though I know already you will be unable to produce any sustance of proof.

Anyways...good luck with that.

Where and when did Delta say this?

If you can show one shread of truth to this statement I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Though I know already you will be unable to produce any sustance of proof.

Anyways...good luck with that.

Sunday, October 26, 2008
ATLANTA — For Delta Air Lines' regional carriers, it's survival of the fittest.
Atlanta-based Delta has been working to improve dismal on-time performance at some of its Delta Connection contract carriers, and it has seen some successes, including from Atlanta-based Atlantic Southeast Airlines. Meanwhile, it has eliminated other Delta Connection contracts, and more cuts could be in store.
Crowded airspace
Delta and Northwest have nine different regional airline partners; three are subsidiaries. These carriers fly smaller planes on shorter routes or fill non-peak schedule slots, in exchange for a fee. But Delta is trimming the roster and says the best-performing will be most likely to survive.

Delta connection carriers
ZAtlantic Southeast Airlines, a SkyWest Airlines subsidiary
ZChautauqua Airlines, a Republic Airways subsidiary
ZComair, a Delta subsidiary
ZFreedom Airlines, a Mesa Air Group subsidiary
ZPinnacle Airlines
ZShuttle America, a Republic Airways subsidiary
ZSkyWest Airlines

Northwest airlink carriers
ZCompass Airlines, a Northwest subsidiary
ZMesaba Airlines, a Northwest subsidiary
ZPinnacle Airlines

Source: The companies.

More BusinessLatest news, columnists, stocks, market tools
Mortgage rates
Consumer Q&A column

Business Blogs var BLOGBURST_WIDGET_ID = "B8lBCPrbhtp0zEanqW1TY7J2"; var BLOGBURST_TRACKING_CODE = "";Updown performance 12.04.08

From C H E S S N O I D

Could State Street be the Builder of Independent Managers?

From Wall Street Pit

Detroit Automakers Did Not Learn The Lesson Of The 1979 Chrysler Bailout

From Wall Street Weather

Dour Reports Show Cracks In ETFs, Economy

From ETF Trends

Sell The Jobs Report Trade?

From The Kirk Report

http://www.blogburst.com/

Share This Story Y Buzz
del.icio.us

digg
Newsvine

reddit
Technorati

Facebook
Fark

More
What are these?

Delta plans to cut costs and consolidate regional operations after its pending merger with Northwest Airlines, and it has told its Connection carriers that the best performers will survive.

I stand corrected...

I concede...I have never heard of a single contract DL has had with any carrier that they have successfully cancelled. Though your article says there has been...I am corrected. You sir are not a liar...I am corrected there also. Good luck.

acarpe3448

It will take me some time to find this article, but at the end it said that DCI has 7-9 carriers and they felt that 6-8 would be good. I laughed at this as getting rid of Mesa counts. My numbers might not be right but the ratio is %100 correct. When I find this article we will all be laughing at you. You are not a nice person.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back