• Friendliest aviation community on the web
By Date of Hire after the Jan furloughs and downgrades:

Most Junior CVG 70/90 CA - Nov 29, 1999
Most Junior CVG 50 CA - July 19, 1999
Most Junior JFK 50 CA - Dec 15, 2000

Most Junior CVG 70/90 FO - May 16, 2005
Most Junior CVG 50 FO - Jan 8, 2007

Most Junior FO - Jan 8, 2007

A buddy of mine talked to Forecasting and Planning and RP told him OH is going to have 1054 pilots on property including those on leave by the end of the end of the first quarter 09. I think that will take the seniority list down to either Jan 05, or end of 04 for the most junior FO.

You can't be talking about mainline, are you? There is absolutely no way any rep at DAL would know this yet. Not until after the seniority list is final on Dec 8. Also, as pointed out in other threads, things PICK UP in summer. Furloughing in early spring while ramping up for a summer schedule is not the normal practice.

1) Pilot staffing for announced flying cutbacks have already been taken into account. 2) More retirements to come. 3) NWA needs to be BROUGHT UP to DAL's staffing model. 4) Enormous training costs for furloughed pilots who would go to Compass(we'd take ALL of their positions). 5) Enormous retraining costs if recalled back to mainline within 2 years.

I'm not saying DAL won't furlough, but this rep on your jumpseat seems uninformed. Could it be you we just trying to get under acarpe's skin for all his (stupid) posts? I understand if that's the case, but I just wanted to set the REAL record strait.

I don't think you will take ALL the positions just 90%, For your reading enjoyment;

No more than ninety percent (90%) of pilot positions will be preserved for Northwest Airlines pilots (a "preserved position"). No more than ten
22-3 Section 22 - Seniority July 26, 2007
percent (10%) of pilot positions will be preserved for pilots electing protected rights status (a "rights status position") at Compass Airlines. In the event of a reduction in the total number of positions at Compass, the number of "preserved positions" and "rights status positions" will be adjusted to maintain the nine to one (9:1) ratio. "Rights status" will be removed from pilots in reverse seniority order and such pilot will again have flow rights to Northwest.

I know that is everyones fall back option at nwa. You guys and gals at compass knew that was/is possible when you were hired.

I don't think you will take ALL the positions just 90%, For your reading enjoyment;

Excuse the error, I should have said "PRACTICALLY ALL". Hopefully it won't happen. Anyway, forgot to add voluntary leaves on my list of reasons we MAY NOT furlough. You better hope I'm right or you may have plenty of time to catch up on more reading.

1180 total pilots down from 1477... with probably more to come after that. I think it'll probably settle down to about 1000 when it's all said and done. Although that is subject to change on a dime like everything else in this industry.

Down from 1700+ pilots would be more accurate, as I recall.

Down from 1700+ pilots would be more accurate, as I recall.

I was 1834 when I was hired in april '05...now just about at the 1000 mark. I'm not furloughed (yet), but looking at leaving to another regional closer to home and working on my accounting degree at the same time

Last edited:
I almost posted 1800+ but didn't want to give information that might have been exaggerated.

Best wishes WMU. Sounds like you have a plan of action in the likely event Delta/Comair never gets it together.

Latest resources

Back