Comair Scheduling...rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DX Rick

I was in the CVG crew room this morning and overheard a few guys talking about this new rule that's being implemented in October.
Reserves will no longer be scheduled 6 days on with 1 day off. The max will be 5 days on with a min of 2 days off in a row.
This was the first I've heard about it, and even my schedule for October follows this new rule. I have been plagued with 6 days on, 1 day off since being put back on RSV in May, all of the sudden it's 5 and 2.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just wondering why we haven't anything from the company or the Union.

I was in the CVG crew room this morning and overheard a few guys talking about this new rule that's being implemented in October.
Reserves will no longer be scheduled 6 days on with 1 day off. The max will be 5 days on with a min of 2 days off in a row.
This was the first I've heard about it, and even my schedule for October follows this new rule. I have been plagued with 6 days on, 1 day off since being put back on RSV in May, all of the sudden it's 5 and 2.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just wondering why we haven't anything from the company or the Union.

Where's my booze dammit! You little squelcher. ;-)

Trojan

Trojan
I haven't seen you in decades. Send me your schedule for next month and I'll get it to you. I don't welch on any bet.
I wish I spoke to you last week, before the #3 Trojans got beat by little ole unranked Washington. Over Rated!
Oh, but wait. USC beat OSU....so that means everything! haha!

My reserve schedule isn't like that at all...

I got: 3 on; 1 OFF; 6 on; 1 OFF; 6 on; 1 OFF; 2 on; 7 OFF; 1 on; 1 OFF; 2 on.

Now isn't that a thing of beauty?!?

My guess it is the luck of the draw...

:eek:

My reserve schedule isn't like that at all...

I got: 3 on; 1 OFF; 6 on; 1 OFF; 6 on; 1 OFF; 2 on; 7 OFF; 1 on; 1 OFF; 2 on.

Now isn't that a thing of beauty?!?

My guess it is the luck of the draw...

:eek:
That's how my schedule has been up until next month.
I spoke with a couple of other guys tonight and they said they heard it through the VARs, and that it will only refer to the long call reserves....which is another question in itself. How is scheduling supposed to know who is going to be a LC1 and LC2 before the SAW's are out?

Well I did 6 years of reserve straight before my voluntary downgrade and now my lovely one day trips. Karma is a bitch to all those who voted Yes on the BK LOA that threw the reserves under the bus. Enjoy reserve, it's going to be a LONG time.

To answer you question.... there is no agreement with scheduling. I saw Phil B. (our Sched Chairman) in ops today and he didn't mention anything new happening.

Trojan

Yeah!!!! Greta job against washington.

Anyways they have not made any changes to next months schedule, the first month we'll see changes due to the faa finally doing alpas job will be november. Being your not furlougheds that means you have worked at oh close to 5 years, have you not learned in that time that pilots at oh talk more lies than anywhere. Guys will tell you straight to your face they may buy the company, or they are part of some imaginary board working on a merger. Please do not believe the 4 stripe liars of ops.

Last edited:
Well I did 6 years of reserve straight before my voluntary downgrade and now my lovely one day trips. Karma is a bitch to all those who voted Yes on the BK LOA that threw the reserves under the bus. Enjoy reserve, it's going to be a LONG time.

To answer you question.... there is no agreement with scheduling. I saw Phil B. (our Sched Chairman) in ops today and he didn't mention anything new happening.

Its funny that vote was basically capts voted yes especially the jr capts thinking they would keep seat, then you had most fo's voting no, knowing that it would put them in bk themselves if it was voted in. Now that capts are coming to the right seat or becoming jr fo's they are bitching. Welcome yes voters, this is the consequences of your vote that was best for you in the short term.

Yeah!!!! Greta job against washington.

Anyways they have not made any changes to next months schedule, the first month we'll see changes due to the faa finally doing alpas job will be november. Being your not furlougheds that means you have worked at oh close to 5 years, have you not learned in that time that pilots at oh talk more lies than anywhere. Guys will tell you straight to your face they may buy the company, or they are part of some imaginary board working on a merger. Please do not believe the 4 stripe liars of ops.
Are you telling me there is no merger? We're not getting merged into the DAL/NWA seniority list by date of hire? What a load of crap! I was depending on that pay raise! But all those OH guys who were supposed to go to the left seat of the 777! The humanity!
By the way, I have been here 3yrs.

Its funny that vote was basically capts voted yes especially the jr capts thinking they would keep seat, then you had most fo's voting no, knowing that it would put them in bk themselves if it was voted in. Now that capts are coming to the right seat or becoming jr fo's they are bitching. Welcome yes voters, this is the consequences of your vote that was best for you in the short term.

Was a JR Capt since 2003 upgrade, voted NO! The LOA crapped all over reserves with the 60hr by-pass, 11 days, & trip/day avail match. Even if I wasn't on reserve at the time, I would have voted NO. What ALPO MEC never mentioned was that the day DL had exited BK the contract would have been amendable if the Judge had imposed. As well, a judged has NEVER imposed a 113c in history and Judge Hardin has a long history of not wanting to set any precedents. JC didn't bother, he wanted it done because he thought he was moving on up to ALPO National.

Now the YES CAs are sitting RR in Ops living the crap they pushed off on me from 2005-2009. Karma is a bitch.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back