• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Scheduling fails again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why the objections? Is the system worse than others (aside from the outage)?

for me personally, it's a huge improvement over SBS. lots of features/capability SBS never had.

ALPA has issues over how it was implemented, how it's used. they keep telling up it doesn't comply with the contract. Not sure I've read what exactly doesn't comply...

Now I see why Comair is going to get all of Freedom's 900's, they do a stellar job!

Negative Ghost Rider.... The word from the company website is 7 of them. Still 14, by my count, floating around. 7 Pinnacle won't be flying for DL and another 7 Freedumb lost.

Negative Ghost Rider.... The word from the company website is 7 of them. Still 14, by my count, floating around. 7 Pinnacle won't be flying for DL and another 7 Freedumb lost.

We are starting with 7 however the other 7 are at the factory, so we can't fly planes that are still in pieces. Delivery of all by Feb 2009 I think. The 7 Pinnacle has is owned by them so Delta can't move those. The lost 7 are the ones waiting delivery.

Seriously?

Call me crazy. I like point and click vs. trying to remember 1978 programming code. Bidding on SBS is ridiculous.

I'd wager that ALPA objects to how the program is being used, not the program itself. I'm curious to know why the system locked up, though. When it debuted, it was obvious that most of the problems had to do with little/no training for schedulers on how to use the system.

But that's just my opinion. I take it you prefer SBS. Why?

#1). For the most part SBS works (after 30 yrs of tweaking it, the bugs are worked out for the most part!)

#2). You can track other crew members for legality issues particularly when you are on reserve.

#3). You can look up and see who you are flying with and where they are coming in from (day off, reserve, etc)

#4). You don't have to constantly acknowledge no schedule changes to view your schedule and getting booted offline.

and many more reasons...

Until eMaestro is fully functional with ALL its features turned on and available, it IS vastly inferior (in my humble opinion and experience).

But that's just my opinion. I take it you prefer SBS. Why?

For the same reasons CRJ Puppy posted. I agree though, I don't believe it's Maestro that's inferior to SBS, it's how Comair has chosen to implement Maestro that's made it inferior. I suspect Maestro can do everything SBS did and more, but functionality has been withheld in its implementation. My $.02.

Latest resources

Back