Comair Scheduling fails again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fair enough.

No system is perfect, and for me, I think this one will work much better once it's integrated with FAs and bidding.

During my upgrade, they told us one feature is that when weather strikes and flights are canceling left and right, they can press a button and Maestro will figure out the best way to allocate open flights to lineholders and reserves. Obviously, they never turned that part on, but that seems a lot smarter to me than having a handful of schedulers work things out manually, and usually incorrectly. To me it's the difference between hand-flying a challenging approach and letting the autopilot do the work, while you sit back and monitor how it's doing...

But again, management clearly hasn't turned it on all the way, and they're not letting it work as intended.

Fair enough.

No system is perfect, and for me, I think this one will work much better once it's integrated with FAs and bidding.

During my upgrade, they told us one feature is that when weather strikes and flights are canceling left and right, they can press a button and Maestro will figure out the best way to allocate open flights to lineholders and reserves. Obviously, they never turned that part on, but that seems a lot smarter to me than having a handful of schedulers work things out manually, and usually incorrectly. To me it's the difference between hand-flying a challenging approach and letting the autopilot do the work, while you sit back and monitor how it's doing...

But again, management clearly hasn't turned it on all the way, and they're not letting it work as intended.

Unfortunately, when weather strikes they hit a button and eMaestro shuts down!

Where is the supposed improvement with eMeastro? I think it has severely limited in what we are able to do. You can't do anything with it. All you are able to do is check in, check out and have a look at your schedule. Add/drop/trades and bidding is still done using SBS. A waste of $ imo.

Here it is 16 years after the first exploration into scheduling software (in YUL) and SBS is still around. While the new software being used is still not acceptable to either the company or the rank and file.

I'm guessing that the "we're not happy until your not happy" is still the mantra with Mr. DS and the ghost of MC.

Thank my lucky stars I'm retired and my scheduling software is working perfectly.

Here it is 16 years after the first exploration into scheduling software (in YUL) and SBS is still around. While the new software being used is still not acceptable to either the company or the rank and file.

I'm guessing that the "we're not happy until your not happy" is still the mantra with Mr. DS and the ghost of MC.

Thank my lucky stars I'm retired and my scheduling software is working perfectly.

Good for you. You're not missing anything.

The problem isn't SBS or eMaestro, but how the company applies them (or not).

Today was a case in point. Sitting ready in JFK, I got called out for a flight to DCA. Flight was late in bound, then needed maintenance. A crew was already on board, so Scheduling told me to go back inside. Halfway back, I'm told I'm going to Pittsburgh to do a turn. Before I get to that airplane, they tell me I don't have enough duty time for that (I was on my way to print it out), and that I need to bump the DCA captain and he needs to go to PIT. He was on day one of a four-day that had been on his line for a month. So, after he gets notified, I take his seat. As I'm stowing my bag, he tells me Scheduling just released him (!?!). No idea who they got to go to PIT. We pushed 3 hours late.

Somebody tell me how that makes a lick of sense.

Latest resources

Back