• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I graduated from high school in 1987. Would I still need to produce a HS transcript? I also have a BS degree, so I obviously graduated from HS. I was overseas at the time (at an American school) so getting a transcript may take time. Also, does the transcript have to be official?

I don't have an interview with Comair (yet), but I like to have my ducks in a row should I ever be lucky enough to get a call. And if a HS transcript is required by Comair, is it required by other airlines, as well?

Thanks.

upndsky,

I got a job offer from a 3 March interview. I don't have my application package in front of me, but I believe they asked for a H.S. diploma OR a H.S. transcript showing you graduated.

That said, write your H.S. and get a copy of your transcript. You will probably get it back in a few weeks and waiting to request it just means it will take longer to get. I graduated from H.S. in 1976, and my school had to dig out my transcript from a microfiche file. It took a few weeks, but I requested it well before I got the interview date, so it wasn't a problem.

When I interviewed I gave the Comair HR person a copy of my H.S. diploma and transcript from 1976, transcripts from three colleges, and copies of my B.S. and M.S. diplomas. She thanked me for making their life easier on the background check, and they called to check on my military service dates the day after the interview.

There are a lot of folks looking for these jobs and if they invite you to an interview, they think you are qualified. But so is everyone else. Don't give them a reason to pass you up when you get to that point. Gathering all this background info together is a pain, but you only have to do it once.

Good luck.

just got the "GOOD" letter today. Thank God, because they sent a verification package to my current place of work and my boss is steaming. I interviewed Thursday 3/21. Anyone else hear from that day?

Latest resources

Back