Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey General and FDJ2,

I'm still waiting for an answer.

Would you rather have the good pilots of Comair as your allies, or the others (Skywest, Mesa, and such)?

--Sky

General Lee said:
SkylerS,

Hey, it's too bad few pilots chose to show their disagreement with management or Comair's MEC during all of this. I guess it just was the "heard mentality." Some pilot groups chose to stand up for what was right, and they will be rewarded. I am sure there will be eventual interviews for anyone, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

SkylerS,

What happened to being our ally when we had 1310 furloughs? Is it only "convienent" to be our ally when you need us? We were your ally when you struck. We were. We did whatever we could do that was legal at the time. A lot of us paid extra alpa dues (along with everyone else at ALPA) and hoped you would win. You seem to overlook that, but a lot of the guys who were furloughed will never forget that. I wasn't furloughed, but many of my friends were, and it would have been nice to have had an offer of some sort of emplyment, like ASA offered, at the time for them.

There just wasn't a lot of vocal oppostion to your company policy---and that is what most people here will remember I think.

But, I am sure you guys will be offered some sort of interviews when the time comes eventually.

Bye Bye--General Lee

~~~^~~~ said:
FDJ2:

What you are overlooking is that ALPA is negotiating with Delta to control Delta subsidiary flying.

There is no Delta subsidiary flying, just DL code flying, which is and was subject to the conditions set forth in the DAL PWA.

FlyComAirJets said:
More important than the Comair MEC's position 13 months ago is their postion in January 2005. Do they support the hiring of Delta furloughees without resigning their seniority number? Yes, they do.

What was the position of the CMR MEC up until 3 months ago? To support a policy that would deny furloughed ALPA pilots jobs at CMR unless they resigned there recall rights. Very nice.

As for your comments regarding scope, well, once again you prove my point. The CMR scope clause places limits on other pilots flying CMR routes, code, aircraft, etc. Just like DAL scope. You even have language in your PWA that allows CMR to own and operate a separate subsidiary, not on the CMR seniority list, so long as they fly smaller aircraft. Just like DAL does. You see, an RJDC victory eliminating scope would allow MESA pilots to fly CMR jets on DL code flights, since it would eliminate your predatory scope language.

Regardless, the RJDC sees the weakness in there own case. What's it been a year and a half since judge Glassers' decision that he has subject matter jurisdiction and the RJDC still hasn't been able to move the case forward. What are they waiting for? The language in the DAL PWA has been available to them since day one, even before discovery. If the RJDC truly thought the language in the DAL PWA violated the DFR, then what's the hang up?

Surplus1,

I have been around 7 years at CMR. Butt rell doesn't really worry me too much.

General, you still haven't answered the question.

This is the here and now. Who do you consider your best ally? It's a very simple question.

--Sky

General Lee said:
SkylerS,

What happened to being our ally when we had 1310 furloughs? Is it only "convienent" to be our ally when you need us? We were your ally when you struck. We were. We did whatever we could do that was legal at the time. A lot of us paid extra alpa dues (along with everyone else at ALPA) and hoped you would win. You seem to overlook that, but a lot of the guys who were furloughed will never forget that. I wasn't furloughed, but many of my friends were, and it would have been nice to have had an offer of some sort of emplyment, like ASA offered, at the time for them.

There just wasn't a lot of vocal oppostion to your company policy---and that is what most people here will remember I think.

But, I am sure you guys will be offered some sort of interviews when the time comes eventually.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually a more important question is whether he knows the difference between "Heard" and "Herd".:D

Last edited:
FDJ2 said:
What was the position of the CMR MEC up until 3 months ago? To support a policy that would deny furloughed ALPA pilots jobs at CMR unless they resigned there recall rights. Very nice.

What may we ask was your policy on "one list"?

FDJ2 said:

I guess this is once again the classic, 'glass is half empty, no it's half full' argument that characterizes so many of these discussions. It seems to me what current MEC policy is more relevent but if you want to look at past practices, bring it on. I have asked this before, but why did it take a year for the DAL MEC to even approach the Comair MEC on this matter and only at the behest of local member resolution? Accounts of the DAL MEC's demanding demeanor at the meeting did not flatter them. They never returned for further discussion either.

As for your comments regarding scope, well, once again you prove my point. The CMR scope clause places limits on other pilots flying CMR routes, code, aircraft, etc. Just like DAL scope. You even have language in your PWA that allows CMR to own and operate a separate subsidiary, not on the CMR seniority list, so long as they fly smaller aircraft. Just like DAL does. You see, an RJDC victory eliminating scope would allow MESA pilots to fly CMR jets on DL code flights, since it would eliminate your predatory scope language.

How do I "prove" your point? There is no language in our Pilot Agreement that limits other pilots flying CMR routes (just what is a CMR route anyway? it is not in the Definitions section), or code, or whatever you are babbling about. None. So no, it is not "just like the DAL scope," not even close. There are some temporary (90 days) exemptions for dry leasing but that presumes no qualified Comair pilots and can't cause a furlough. Elimination of scope would have no effect on "allow[ing] MESA pilots to fly CMR jets on DL code flight." After all, our scope clause didn't stop Chautauqua from displacing us in Orlando or ACA from doing a substantial amount of local CVG flying for several years.

There is language in the contract that if Comair were to purchase another similiar company (with what, jelly beans?) then they would have to merge them "in a fair and equitable manner" via the Allegheny-Mohwawk provisions. It does not cover dissimiliar airlines such as helicopter operations (although we have more great chopper pilots than just about anyone) or small aircraft operations, <20 seats, for example. Again, we have the half-empty, half-full argument, it's not that we wouldn't want to merge with those companies, rather, that is the limit to what our negotiators could achieve. And indeed, we still are trying to achieve a merge with ASA. You are confusing us with the DAL MEC, we want to merge. Your MEC's actions at the PID demonstrate clearly how you feel about that, they haven't come out with a new policy, have they?

Regardless, the RJDC sees the weakness in there own case. What's it been a year and a half since judge Glassers' decision that he has subject matter jurisdiction and the RJDC still hasn't been able to move the case forward. What are they waiting for? The language in the DAL PWA has been available to them since day one, even before discovery. If the RJDC truly thought the language in the DAL PWA violated the DFR, then what's the hang up?

You are confusing ALPA's foot dragging with alleged lack of merit of the case. Too bad for you, the process is resolutely moving forward. Discovery is just around the corner. See ya in court!

Sky,

The ASA pilots.

Spinproof,

Thank gawd you are here to "proof" read me. Yeah, I can't spell sometimes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back