Comair President "Moves On"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N2246J,

Have you brought anything useful to this forum? Doubt it. This forum is for anyone with info or opinions, and I have both. I have also contributed $$$ to this board, so I CAN STAY. You have a great day.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
This forum is for anyone with info or opinions, and I have both. I have also contributed $$$ to this board, so I CAN STAY.

I rest my case.

N2246J,

Yes, you do----and I win, AGAIN. (great come back)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Really you guys, "I know you are but what am I" is no way to go through life! This is a celebration of Randy's demise. Here's hoping Kermit, Oz, and Piper soon follow!:cool:

doh said:
This is a celebration of Randy's demise. Here's hoping Kermit, Oz, and Piper soon follow!:cool:

You're "celebrating" the replacement of RR with FB? Either you're a Delta pilot or you fell off a turnip truck.

Oakum_Boy said:
Do you really think this is the intent of the RJDC? To eliminate scope?

It's not what I think, Oakum, the elimination of scope is in their lawsuit.

FlyComAirJets said:
The CMR MEC months ago came out with a proclamation that supported the hiring of furloughed ALPA pilots new hire jobs regardless whether they resign their seniority number and that's a fact.

The RJDC's lawsuit claim for relief as written in the lawsuit seeks an injunction to prevent ALPA from negotiating scope clauses when all the affected parties are not allowed to participate in the bargaining process.

Reread your quote, the answer is right there, ""(e) to stop negotiating or assisting in the negotiation of scope clauses in such a manner as to exercise control over the flying by pilots for a carrier other than the one for which the CBA is being negotiated."

Thanks for proving my point. What was the CMR MEC's position in Decmber 2003. Thank you very little.

The lawsuit seeks an injunction against scope clauses. All scope clauses limit other pilots. For example your CMR scope clause places limits on MESA pilots, CHQ pilots etc. No other pilot but a CMR pilot can fly CMR code or CMR aircraft. If the RJDC had its way those limits would have to go away. Luckily for all of us the RJDC is doing poorly because they have such a weak case.

Last edited:
FDJ2:

What you are overlooking is that ALPA is negotiating with Delta to control Delta subsidiary flying. The RJDC lawsuit sounds a lot like ALPA's own "Brand Scope." The RJDC lawsuit would actually promote "all Delta flying done by Delta pilots" which is a whole lot better than what you have now.

It appears Comair's new President is contemplating exit strategies after Delta and your scope does not seem to be restricting his range of possibilities.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050119/BIZ01/501190320/1076/BIZ

If it happens, it will probably look a little like Republic and labor costs can be driven down using the same J4J program with the accompanying loss of longevity, pay and benefits. Of course I expect the Delta MEC would support such a plan in order to preserve ALPA Apartied until the very end.

Last edited:
surplus1 said:
You're "celebrating" the replacement of RR with FB? Either you're a Delta pilot or you fell off a turnip truck.
Must be a new guy.

The ironey of the situation as paraprashed in the Cincinnati Enquirer is that Buttrell as DCI chief allowed the growth to be farmed out this year because Comair's labor costs were too high.

Now, the pressure is on him to get whatever growth he can to build his new empire and mitigate his demotion in the eyes of the Borg.

But you know what? Comair pilots don't believe in the hokey "fee for departure" hooey levied on the wholly owns. It's fake, Monopoly money, snake oil and we're not buying. When Portfolio Phred comes calling for concessions, we must demand to see the books, the books for the whole company and the 5 to 10 year plans so we can bargain accordingly. We need to start thinking in terms of extending the contract, holding on to what we have now, and in effect, making a loan to the company with interest. Profit sharing, stock options and snap back provisions should be part of the deal - all verifiable with financial data provided by Delta Air Lines.

ALPA will be no help. In fact, we can count on them to be misleading and diversionary to protect the interests of the mainline pilots so we're on our own. As long as we understand that going in, we'll be OK.

And if they don't want to confide in us about Delta Air Line's financial position, where Comair and ASA are in that, what their plans are for the wholly owns, why Delta is currently ceded profits to other share holder groups (the contractors), and how they justify three redundant sets of management when the company is bleeding cash, then it's "full pay to the last day."

Captain Paul Lackie is an international business major and I get the impression that he paid attention in class. He has a strategy in mind and, in my view, it's sound. Since ALPA can't be trusted to provide us comprehensive finanicial and economic analysis on the company, it is important we have Captain Lackie in the MEC Chairman position for the next term and we'll get through this alright.

Call all your status reps.

Last edited:
More important than the Comair MEC's position 13 months ago is their postion in January 2005. Do they support the hiring of Delta furloughees without resigning their seniority number? Yes, they do. Your post implies otherwise. If you want to get your panties all wadded up about what is past then so be it but it is flat out wrong to say it is current policy.

Your perverted sense of scope shows how much we differ on the view of scope clauses. Nice try saying that all scope clauses implicitly limit other pilots because how could anyone be against that? But my scope clause does not limit Mesa pilots as you state in your example. it only says that if a pilot flies a Comair aircraft, then they have to be on our list. My scope clause does not specify the size of the aircraft some other pilot group operates, the number of block hours they fly, the average stage length, or a hub concentration percentage -- but your's does.

Guess the courts are going to have to settle this after all in the absence of a settlement process. Have a nice one.

Latest resources

Back