Comair President "Moves On"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fins,

There are no F'd DAL pilots getting preferential ANYTHING yet. Other than what is written Letter 46, there has not been any movement in a formal hiring agreement at any DCI carrier. The pref. hiring/interview clause is also only valid when "additional" 70 seaters are flown and its not clear how "additional" is defined.

Right now, any F'd DAL pilot that gets hired at Republic/Chatauqua is a coincidence.

now back to my soap operas....

~~~^~~~ said:
Care to back that up with any facts?

The CMR MEC supported the policy of denying furloughed ALPA pilots new hire jobs unless they resign their seniority number and that's a fact.

RJDC Lawsuit claim for relief as written in the lawsuit seeks an injunction to prevent ALPA from negotiating scope clauses:

"(e) to stop negotiating or assisting in the negotiation of scope clauses in such a manner as to exercise control over the flying by pilots for a carrier other than the one for which the CBA is being negotiated"

That Fins is the elimination of scope, since all scope clauses limit other pilots.

Last edited:
At the moment Delta management began to furlough I notified my union reps of my support to have you folks join us. And quite frankly, there was nothing holding you back, you could apply for a job like the rest of us (where have I heard that before). However, the difference is I supported your ability to keep your Delta number; it was something you earned.

Now as for the meeting. I wasn't there and you weren't there. But from what I underdstand, your MEC leader (sorry, can't recall the name) TOLD JC what he was going to do. Well I'm sorry, but I wouldn't be very open to squat if I was TOLD what I was going to do, either from management or you guys.

Now I would have been a bit more vocal expect for the constant Comair bashing and belittling we received on the ALPA board. I just got tired of it and didn't do anything. I'm sorry for what's happening over there, I don't like it any more than you guys. But I'm willing to bet we (as a Comair group) would be more supportive of you guys than vice verse.

As for the RJDC, well I'm not a supporter and neither are all Comair pilots. If you plan to judge an entire group based on a few, then my judgement of Delta pilots as being total d!cks because of you, the General, and others must be true. But I know better. Oh, and because I assisted a Delta pilot with a bag while getting his family off the employee bus in CVG, then we (as a collective) must be a wonderful group of people.

So I have a question for you, would you rather have the good pilots of Comair as your allies, or the others (Skywest, Mesa, and such). Who are your true friends?

--Sky

FDJ2 said:
LMAO. Yeah, furloughed Delta pilots really appreciate how the CMR pilots supported them through their furlough and all Delta pilots appreciate the efforts of the CMR pilots to abrogate our scope clause and that of every ALPA pilot group.

FDJ2 said:
The CMR MEC supported the policy of denying furloughed ALPA pilots new hire jobs unless they resign their seniority number and that's a fact.

RJDC Lawsuit claim for relief as written in the lawsuit seeks an injunction to prevent ALPA from negotiating scope clauses:

"(e) to stop negotiating or assisting in the negotiation of scope clauses in such a manner as to exercise control over the flying by pilots for a carrier other than the one for which the CBA is being negotiated"

That Fins is the elimination of scope, since all scope clauses limit other pilots.

Do you really think this is the intent of the RJDC? To eliminate scope? I think you're thinking wishfully, to support your dislike of RJ pilots. Even RJDC boys know the importance of scope. Those guys aren't stupid. They know eactly what they're negotiating for, and they've been sucessful in the past.

SkylerS,

Hey, it's too bad few pilots chose to show their disagreement with management or Comair's MEC during all of this. I guess it just was the "heard mentality." Some pilot groups chose to stand up for what was right, and they will be rewarded. I am sure there will be eventual interviews for anyone, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The CMR MEC months ago came out with a proclamation that supported the hiring of furloughed ALPA pilots new hire jobs regardless whether they resign their seniority number and that's a fact.

The RJDC's lawsuit claim for relief as written in the lawsuit seeks an injunction to prevent ALPA from negotiating scope clauses when all the affected parties are not allowed to participate in the bargaining process.

Reread your quote, the answer is right there, ""(e) to stop negotiating or assisting in the negotiation of scope clauses in such a manner as to exercise control over the flying by pilots for a carrier other than the one for which the CBA is being negotiated." Your peculiar sense of proprietorship implies that you have some special lordship over my job when in fact, you do not. The complaint is that a conflict of interests arises when all parties are not at the table...you wouldn't want me to negotiate your payrates or work rules, would you?

Those, FDJ2, are the facts which you are either unable to comprehend or mislead by omitting key details. Funny, on the one hand you whine about Comair pilots blocking the hiring of furloughed maninline pilots and then you go on to say that, in your words, "all scope clauses limit other pilots." Using that stellar logic, surely you secured huge relief for the furloughees, right?

A billion dollars in concessions and you couldn't even find any real time solutions for the furloughees? Spare me the "additional" aircraft preferential hiring rhetoric, that is only theoretical future maybe stuff which even you guys cannot define (and it was YOUR LOA!). Pathetic.

FlyComAirJets said:
Nice try, Fins, but where FDJ'2s head is, it's dark and all sounds are kinda muffled.

Sorry that is totally incorrect.

Where FDJ's head is he couldn't hear anything at all and, I might add, even if he had night vision goggles he couldn't see.

Butt then what would you expect.

General Lee said:
Did Randy take Lawson and Ford with him?

3,861 posts which accounts for almost 3 sentences of useful, pertinent information and constructive dialog.

Last edited:
I think this will be a huge test for FB to see if he can 'tame' you guys and get some concessions. It will be new territory for him as he will be dealing, "hands-on", with a Regional, and there is a lot of difference dealing with regional pilots vs major pilots. Should be interesting. I know you CMR pilots will not let us down as we ASA pilots have no intentions of letting you down during our 'stalled' contract talks. Give him hell boys and girls!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back