Comair pool?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep your phones on!

Sharon called today and offered an April 28th class date. I, of course, took it. Keep your phones on guys, the calls are going out!

P.S. I interviewed February 21st.

Last edited:
Congrats Homer!

Congrats Homer!!

I was going to take a shower today but I don't want to miss the call!

Anyone else hear anything? Shark?

Congrats Homer, I will see you at class on the 28th.

L4T and shark, your turn is next guys, good luck!!!!

Roadrot

Congrats Shark! Looking4Traffic...I feel it man, you're gonna get called this week to join us! On a side note, can some current Comair guys clarify as to if the $240/week is taxed or not? I'm hoping it's considered per diem so we can get it all...if not, I'll take what I can get! Thanks!

They treat training pay as regular wages and tax accordingly. It's all about PB&J and Ramen during training. There's solidarity in poverty....or something like that.

Envious

I've got Poolie-Envy you guys!!

Hey Sharon!! Let me in. I want to live on PB&J & ramon! I want to be a poor Comair airline pilot.

Call me!

It was meant as encouragement

My posts have been meant to encourage those in the pool to wait and be patient, and to show that even though the wait might seem long; it is certainly not as long as it ussed to be nor as long as it has been for me. And to remind them that there's always somebody in a far worse condition.

Yes I interviewed in Jun 20th 2002, and have not yet been assigned a class date, but like skiddriver mentoined it is not due to Comair, but rather a requirement from the DOJ, which required Non US Citizens without prior experience in A/C with a MTOW over 12,500 Lbs to undergo a background check that did not became available untill March 17th of 2003. Today that background check is available and Im in the process of getting a DOJ clearance to begin training.

For those interested the Final Ruling on that Law wich was published Feb 13th, 2003 is available through this link:

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/14mar20010800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2003/pdf/03-3384.pdf

Also wenever I mentioned seniority, as in "Im the most senior lifeguard in the pool", I meant it as a joke, as in, I have been in th epool for a long @$$ while, and not as in Seniority within the airline. It is well known that seniority starts the day you show up to class, and nothing else.

Again, my intentions has always been to cheer up poolies that feel the wait is long. I apologize if the effect was the contrary and all I've done is scare people off.

The fact is that the pool right now is fairly shallow, unlike the usual 6 month wait of those who interviwed during the first 6-7 months of 2002, yet even though the pool is shallow there are a few of us non US Citizens that have been given job offers, that until now were not able to begin training and have waited a lot longer than most.

Im glad to be a poolie even if for almost year , and as soon as I have class date details I will share them aswell.

Congrats to all of the poolies and we'll see you on the line soon.

Rich!

Latest resources

Back