• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair pool?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of the hearsay is that the number to be hired in 2003 is >300. I think that about 45 have been trained thus far, and another class (I think) is starting today. I don't think that there are that many new-hires in the pool, so if you interviewed in March, my best guess is that you would be much closer to the middle of the 2003 hiring pool, not the bottom.

MHO, usual disclaimers.

There have been 78 FO's added to the seniority list since the end of 2002. That number was computed by comparing the Feb 50 & 70 seat FO bid packets to the April bid packets. The Feb packets were released at the beginning of January '03. It is possible some of those 78 would have been considered '02 hires by Comair. There are 72 new pilots on the 50 seat list, and 6 additional new-hire pilots on the 70 seat list. Of those 6, I have no idea if they bid the 70 or were junior manned into it.

There are possibly some additional new-hires that didn't make the April bid packet, so the number may actually be closer to 100.

I hired on at Comair in the 17 Jun '02 class. There are now 209 FO's out of 760 on the seniority list junior to me.

Good luck.

I have not received any word yet on my class date. I was hoping to start at the end of April. I did see on this website that their may be some delays in a/c deliveries. I dont know if it will affect class dates though. I always plan on success. We should know soon.

Roadrot

I was up there interviewing on the 11th and they had dropped afew hints that they were have a few problems with schedualed delivery. Mostly because of the large demand for the aircraft from multiple companies. Haven't recieved word either way, hope it comes soon, stress is killing me.

regards, DD

Classes are held "as needed."

We started off the year with one a week, but that can change in a heartbeat. With aircraft delivery delays and the war coming up, classes could slow down.

If that happens, don't panic - I found myself in the same situation last Spring when Comair cancelled new-hire classes in March and didn't train again until June. In that event, they will start hiring again (you're "hired" when you show up for training). I have to emphasize, no indication right now that any training classes will be postponed.

Good luck.

I had a friend interview on the 11th and he told me that during the company overview they announced to the group that the next class would be at the end of March or beginning of April. Personally, I think it's a little late to have a class start on the 31st, but what do I know. Just thought I'd pass along the info!

Just waiting by the phone! :D

Getting the interview

Did you guys have people walk in your resumes?

I faxed resumes to them, however, I never get a "we received your resume" email or anything.

Are the interviews being offered on a basis of who you know, or are they being pretty open?

Thanks

I've posted this before, but I'll repeat.

I sent in faxes with regular updates. I snail-mailed in resumes. I had three Comair pilots (1 Capt, 2 F/Os) I was regularly flying with in our mixed AD/Reserve unit who wrote LOR's, walked in resumes, and hounded HR. Not a bite.

I went to the Jan '02 Airinc seminar in Dallas, was the first one at the Comair table when we broke for the face-to-face session (I ran), found Sharon Jones and handed her my resume while spewing out my one minute "why I want to work at Comair" spiel - and walked away with an interview offer. Interviewed a few weeks later, started training 17 June '02.

I'm not big on shilling for Airinc, but I wouldn't be flying at Comair right now if I hadn't attended that conference.

Without any of those gyrations, I received interview offers from Piedmont, ACA, and Netjets - interviewed at Piedmont and received a job offer there.

I don't think who you know matters.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back