• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair pool?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hiring is going to slow down for comair?

Good morning, everyone:

According to Bomdardier report in Feb. 2003, Comair has ordered total 130 CRJ series. 110 of them are CRJ100, the rest of 20 are CRJ 700 series.

At the same report, they have already deliver 117 of them. still have 13 CRJ 700 need to be delivered. Even I am not a pilot(hope to be commercial/regional airline pilot one day), I am watching the current state of aviation industry. in my 2 cents, comair will stop hiring soon enough after all CRJ series has been delivered. Unless economic pick up soon.

just my opinion

Daydreamer

Drama

Aren't we being just a little bit melodramatic?

The growth that Comair has experienced simply could not go on indefinately. That is one of those "unrealistic expectations" they're all talking about on another thread.

Once Comair has reached the size that DCI has in mind for it the orders will stop and the company will reach an equilibrium with respect to hiring. With attrition at a virtual stand-still that will give credance to the rumor that upgrades at Comair will be in the 7 - 8 year range. Comair is, however, a career company -- not a stepping stone for most folks. 7 or 8 years to upgrade at a company where you intend to retire from is a drop in the bucket.

Chautauqua can provide CDI with RJ's for nothing and growth for free (to paraphrase the popular 80s song). Why continue to spend your OWN money during this time of economic uncertainty? Let THEM carry the burden.

Movement in the industry is at a standstill. F/Os and newhires at Comair who expected a rapid upgrade should try and remember why they applied to Comair in the first place -- stability.

Yeah, you're going to be in the right seat for a while. But you've got a job and you're flying for a stable company under a good contract. Things are ok.

(now if Delta takes away the 70 seaters, they cancel classes, or announce furloughs i'll be happy to retract this post...)

Latest resources

Back