• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair pool?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hmmm, let me see here, buy a new headset or have steak a couple of times rather than noodles......hmmm....let me see here.......sorry, had to throw that out........the DC's aren't bad if you have them, but if you don't, this sounds like a good chance to get a nice headset for less than what you would have to pay for it at regular price....the cockpit does get a little loud on decent though.......

I can't seem to find the hiring minimums for Comair anywhere. Can anyone help me out? I have 900 and 250 which I know isn't enough by I am building quite a bit of hours a month. Thanks for your help.

The company minimums are clearly written in black & white on the company website (1200 & 200 among other things). Practical minimums are a whole different story...1200 & 200 and on up, emphasis on the "up"!

Last edited:
Getting the Call at Comair

panampilot:

There have been several threads and many postings regarding what it takes to get an interview at Comair. From my recollection of those posts, I've concluded that there are at least five important factors to 'getting the call':

1. Hours -- published mins are 1200/200. I was told that my time was a "low average." I had 3600/2200.

2. Part 121 or 135 time -- my recollection is that, among the people interviewing with me, we all had experience with another airline, a charter company or the military. If I'm wrong, it was certainly most of us anyway.

3. ATP with a type-rating -- I'm not encouraging anyone to go buy a type-rating, though I think it's a good idea to have your ATP. What I am saying is that, if you have Captain experience somewhere else (particularly in an aircraft that requires a type-rating), it helps.

4. Attended Air, Inc. or knew someone who walked in their resume -- It seems that a good number of people who I've met, and who've posted at flightinfo or aviationinterviews, have either been fortunate enough to know someone at Comair who took the initiative to walk in their resume to HR, or in the alternative, they attended an Air, Inc. seminar and met with Comair personnel at the seminar. Again, not everyone who got the call fits into this category, but many do.

5. Perseverance -- you always hear the story of the guy who got called for an interview two weeks after sending Comair his first resume, but most of us had to wait a little longer and send in several resumes before we got called.

I hope this was helpful, and not discouraging. Good luck to you.

wow, I didn't think the average time was so high. It won't hurt to send them a resume when I meet the mins but I won't expect much. thanks again.

for you guys that didn't get your resumes walked in, did you send cover letters with your resume. i always thought that the 2 go hand-in-hand. i believe in "checklist for sucess" it says that some companys don't want them. any info is greatly appreciated, thanks

So with 1800tt 1100multi 950jet 180 in the CRJ. With a walk in. Do I have a chance. I just missed the April AirInc. wich really sucks.

get in soon

Growth is gonna come to a dead stop soon, we will be up against the max 70-seat limit, and no orders for 50-seaters next year. It was fun while it lasted.

Latest resources

Back