• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Pilots Leaving

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All this talk about leaving is crap. Some will. They will jepordize a great deal to go to the "next big thing".

Since when was doing JFK-RIC turns in an RJ for a contract lift provider paying substandard wages a "great deal"?

Pilots need to take note of what doctors have been doing in this country all along. We need to limit the number of pilots allowed to initially train to get their Commercial certificate. The AMA has control over how many people can attend med school in this country. If ALPA or any pro-pilot organization lobbied for this control, we would solve most problems that cause this website to be so popular.

Ah, yes, this would work because A: there is SUCH an overage of qualified doctors in this country...and B: there is SUCH an overage of qualified pilots in this country.

Neither can fill a class now days.

So you hear that many pilots are leaving, but then sum it up with only knowing of ONE pilot who is actually leaving....out of 1600 pilots.
Kind of like the all the ones who "voted NO!" If everyone who "voted no" actually had, then the lousy deal wouldn't have been ratified.

Its a damn shame that overnight, they go from the highest paid, to another Mesa Production,
Hey, I'd stick it out with Comair...what kind of dream MGT team must they have to get 3 unions to take concessions all the while they made $50M! Yeah, that's who I want to work for! Whoo-Hoo!

Betcha feeling smart now.

Hey, I'd stick it out with Comair...what kind of dream MGT team must they have to get 3 unions to take concessions all the while they made $50M! Yeah, that's who I want to work for! Whoo-Hoo!

Betcha feeling smart now.

I'll give you 3 typical responces that any ALPA die hard will tell you.

"Ours was a different situation"

"We had our backs to the wall"

"It's better than the alternative"

You pick which you like and try to believe in it.

I'm leaving! Thank you for the check ALPA, Judge Hardin, Comair and my fellow pilots. This is my 2nd airline in 7 1/2 years and I am through (with the airlines atleast). I was in the sim today, and one of the instructors said that the "official" count(of those leaving), for what it's worth, for the day was at 9.

I'm leaving! Thank you for the check ALPA, Judge Hardin, Comair and my fellow pilots. This is my 2nd airline in 7 1/2 years and I am through (with the airlines atleast). I was in the sim today, and one of the instructors said that the "official" count(of those leaving), for what it's worth, for the day was at 9.

Best wishes.

Best of luck, where you off to?

I'm gonna give the fracs a try...I'm going to NetJets in CMH. I start July 9 for the Hawker 800 XPc. I'm looking forward to turning in my 2 week notice!!!

I'm gonna give the fracs a try...I'm going to NetJets in CMH. I start July 9 for the Hawker 800 XPc. I'm looking forward to turning in my 2 week notice!!!
Congrats, Have a good time up there.

Latest resources

Back