• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Pilots Leaving

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All this talk about leaving is crap. Some will. They will jepordize a great deal to go to the "next big thing". Low cost carriers, transatlantic 76 jobs... wow look at me I made it to the "next level, look at me" jobs... yaddy yaddy yaddy. Whatever. Stay the course don't get ratttled by management crap or ALPA "fraternity I flew an F-16 so I'm entitled to the right seat of the throne: junk. Stay the course. Don't deviate from what your gut tells you to do. Make decisions that are wise. Enjoy your time at work. Its a good profession.

Or you could take a little risk, change jobs, have a better QOL, meet knew people with some fresh ideas, make 3 times what you would at CMR, have more job security, and work for people that make you think they care.
But if "staying the course" (wasnt that a Fred or ALPA saying at one point) is what turns you on then I guess you'r in the right place.

Hi!

Emirates needs 400 pilots by Jan 1. Their mins are 4000TT+ other stuff. FO pay $77K+bonus if profitable (profitable in 2001, made over $1B net profit 2006, 1st $88K is tax free) +housing +kid´s schooling +.

My buddy has NO widebody experience and NO international experience. He was offered -777 captain off the street $160K. He is waiting for his interview date.

Your kids will attend private American school. It IS hot (UP residents don´t apply), beaches, booze, sex, gambling allowed. Dubai is the party capital of the Mideast. Check pprune.org for more info.

cliff
MMIO

PS-USA Jet needs -9 FOs if U interview quick.

Hi!

Emirates needs 400 pilots by Jan 1. Their mins are 4000TT+ other stuff. FO pay $77K+bonus if profitable (profitable in 2001, made over $1B net profit 2006, 1st $88K is tax free) +housing +kid´s schooling +.

My buddy has NO widebody experience and NO international experience. He was offered -777 captain off the street $160K. He is waiting for his interview date.

Your kids will attend private American school. It IS hot (UP residents don´t apply), beaches, booze, sex, gambling allowed. Dubai is the party capital of the Mideast. Check pprune.org for more info.

cliff
MMIO

PS-USA Jet needs -9 FOs if U interview quick.

Some of the stupid BS you read on this board is funny. OFFERED before the interview???lol

Hi!

Yeah, it's stupid. The Emirates guy that is in charge of the hiring process was at the ATL Air Inc hiring fair.

He told my buddy that with his credentials that he would be elligible for an off the street -777 captain slot. My buddy said he'd rather go as an FO, fly the -777 for a year and then upgrade.

The Emirates guy encouraged him to go for the off the street slot. He is waiting for his interview and was told by the above guy that if hired, he would go to the -777 for a year and then could upgrade (obviously, as long as he did well). I am encouraging him to go for the off the street spot.

goodpilotithink:
Emirates won't hire you, because you won't apply, knowing that the kind of job offer my buddy got is non-existant.

The pilot shortage is getting worse monthly. Who knows when it will end.

cliff
YIP

Hi!

cliff
MMIO

PS-USA Jet needs -9 FOs if U interview quick.[/quote

Whats the max age for Emirates? I'm 55 and thinking about it.

Some of the stupid BS you read on this board is funny. OFFERED before the interview???lol

A friend of mine was offered a job for a European 747 operator before the interview. I thought he was nuts when he told me the interview was a "formality", but he "interviewed" on a Friday for a Monday class which was already scheduled. In his case he was already trained on the 747, so it wasn't like he had no experience.

Hi!

Emirates is 65.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back