• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COMAIR Pilots get $31,000 each severance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No FO is getting anywhere close to 31K, this is an average number across the board including cobra cost to the company, the 30 year Capts inflated this number substantially (just like in the USA Today when it says the average pilot in the US makes 80k). After taxes it's not much. It's pretty much what PBR said, insurance policy for Delta so people keep showing up til the end. And it's worked, sick calls went from 25% a day to less than 5% ever since this was announced.

wow 31k?....and management is taking over 35 million EACH.

our government is wrecking this country. They make everything so expensive the only way to survive is to have a union. then the company cries because they only make 50 million profit with a union compared to 60 million without.

Did all you bump your head? This is insurance, to prevent guys from rolling over one morning and deciding that this is the day they don't go to work at Comair anymore. The cancellations and disruption to the schedules far exceed any costs of the "severance" packages.
Quit playing checkers.

Ding! Ding! Ding!
Winner. Winner. Get your chicken dinner.

At least someone else gets it.

It sucks but that is the unfortunate reality of doing contract work.

What kind of severance are the CEO and upper management getting.....

They will make more than first year Skywest and go jet pilots and not have to flip a single switch, while I'm a it, they will also make more than first year usair pilots!
Very true, and when you add it to unemployment until a new job can be made, it helps. Good luck guys (and gals) hope you all rebound soon.

wow 31k?....and management is taking over 35 million EACH.

our government is wrecking this country. They make everything so expensive the only way to survive is to have a union. then the company cries because they only make 50 million profit with a union compared to 60 million without.

Dude, with your point of view, your comments, you just summed up why your user name is what it is! Oh and why our country is in the $h1ter.
I left the airline industry a while ago because I hated being surrounded by coworkers that belly-ached about the company and that I was starting down that track too.

No one owes you anything. The company dosen't work for you, you work for it.
Be grateful that they're giving you something. Especially the way you guys acted in the late 90's early 2000's.

Just saying!

Dude, with your point of view, your comments, you just summed up why your user name is what it is! Oh and why our country is in the $h1ter.
I left the airline industry a while ago because I hated being surrounded by coworkers that belly-ached about the company and that I was starting down that track too.

No one owes you anything. The company dosen't work for you, you work for it.
Be grateful that they're giving you something. Especially the way you guys acted in the late 90's early 2000's.

Just saying!
And exactly how did we act in the 90's and early 2000's?

Latest resources

Back