Comair Paycuts!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N4niner206 said:
Hmmm... lowering pay rates, AND... what is upgrade time going to be going at Comair? Start comparing your new crappy 5 year FO wages to Captain wages at CHQ/MESA/TSA. WOW... STRAIGHT to the bottom of the barrel and then some, if you guys approve this. Glass houses... glass houses...

Spoken like someone who has no clue what is going on. Do Comair pilots want this? No. I guarentee that this would be voted down, but of course, in bankruptcy, there is this judge.....well, you prolly know the rest (or not).

Your glass houses reference is one of the more moronic references I have read on flightinfo....and that's saying something.

whymeworry? said:
We are the only profession that will indefinitely miss the most vaulable moments in our kids lives because we're destined to living out of a suitcase half the month.

What complete rubbish. What do you think half the people in the back of the tube are doing? *I* had a job outside aviation - every Monday morning I hit the road, every Friday evening I got home, except some weekends when I had to stay out of town then as well. I'm ENJOYING have 10 days at home and looking forward to having 14+ days off a month.

You have no clue what you're talking about. You want to be home every night find another job, but LOTS of jobs involve being away from home, it's not just us poor pitiful whining pilots.

JetPilot_Mike said:
Spoken like someone who has no clue what is going on. Do Comair pilots want this? No. I guarentee that this would be voted down, but of course, in bankruptcy, there is this judge.....well, you prolly know the rest (or not).

Your glass houses reference is one of the more moronic references I have read on flightinfo....and that's saying something.

And your post is spoken like someone who is very defensive about his position and his company... probably after bashing everyone else who had gone through similar situations in the past. Whats really funny, is I said thats IF you guys let it pass. Also... all of these guys who go bash on the people at some of these other carriers act as though they WANTED the B.S. that was handed to them. Just like TSA pilots WANT *************************s to take their jobs from them... suuuuuuuuure. And a classic example is how Mesa pilots have a bad rep for 'lowering the industry' yet they took the contract/work rules to keep CCAir guys from being stapled, and to END Freedumb... ending the evil that existed. Yet now they have a bad name... and today you find carriers left and right taking concessions for various reasons, but its okay. Its so funny how things come full circle, but what is considered acceptable changes to fit whatever group of pilots are facing it. Pathetic.

In either case, I hope (and Im SURE) the concessions will be voted down. And I also know, from reading all of the posts on here, that if the bankruptcy judge DOES approve it against the will of the pilot group, that at least just about every pilot from CMR who posts on here will QUIT. How do I know? From the countless posts in the past that "If I had to work for CHQ wages..." or "If I had Mesa workrules..." the list goes on and on, "..."I'd QUIT!"

Hey retard,
Stop your drivel. One day you will grow up and realise that the $25 an hour you are working for is not enough. Yes right now it puts nice 15 inch rims on your rusty 1992 Honda Civic, but one day you might want a house and a family, and the fact that people like you are prepared to accept jobs at chq and freedumb doesn't mean we will work for your wages.
Stop trying to justify yourself, and your bottom of the barrel lifestyle.

I don't know if waiting for Duane and the ALPA calgary to show up is going to do it. They don't care about any of us 'little guys'. It's time we formed a regional airline union.

(getting paid less, and haven't given concessions.)

Just remeber, all we have up to now is a company "paroposal". They don't have and pay cuts yet and they're not likely to get any without one he11 of a fight. It may wind up costing them far more than they could ever save.

We may be down but we're not out yet. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

BluDevAv8r said:
Actually, ALPA has the #2 attorney (Assistant Director of Representation) within the Representation Department attached to this negotiation. Is that what you meant by "no help from ALPA?" Just wondering.

-Neal

I am sure they do have there #2 guy on this. the question is who's interest is he interested in? I doubt its the comair pilots!

kc81900 said:
I am sure they do have there #2 guy on this. the question is who's interest is he interested in? I doubt its the comair pilots!

Excellent point!

KC if that lawyer looks anything like your Avatar I will vote for what ever she tells me to vote for. Uba757

Latest resources

Back