• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Paycuts!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long after the vote, would the judge decide whether to cancel our contract?

Things happen pretty fast when they want to take our pay away huh?

---What is the history of other union groups saying "NO"?
Do judges usually just assign what the company wanted, MORE pay cuts OR LESS?

I heard the flight attendants are being asked for an average of about an $8,000 pay cut!! I predict the flight attendants vote goes down 5-95%! Those girls are going to be just as pissed or more so than the pilots.

I predict both the pilots and flight attendants agreements will be in front of the judge. It will be interesting.

Jet

surplus1 said:
If we say NO, Delta will go to the judge and seek to cancel our contract. The judge may agree and the judge may not.

If we say Yes, there is no guarantee of anything. Delta will simply continue to down size us and give our flying to other carriers.

So, how are we better off by agreeing to what they want than we are by forcing them to go to the judge? What is the real difference between the two?

That's the question we have to answer. Will they file 1113(c) against Comair? Probably yes. That still leaves time to negotiate and if we do not agree, then they ask the judge to cancel our contract. So what? Doesn't this blackmail have the same effect?[/quo

Kiddo,

What were you intending to say?

KingAirKiddo said:
surplus1 said:
If we say NO, Delta will go to the judge and seek to cancel our contract. The judge may agree and the judge may not.

If we say Yes, there is no guarantee of anything. Delta will simply continue to down size us and give our flying to other carriers.

So, how are we better off by agreeing to what they want than we are by forcing them to go to the judge? What is the real difference between the two?

That's the question we have to answer. Will they file 1113(c) against Comair? Probably yes. That still leaves time to negotiate and if we do not agree, then they ask the judge to cancel our contract. So what? Doesn't this blackmail have the same effect?[/quo

All of this capitulation of what to do, what not to do is just another example of the pathetic state of our industry. Everyone is so pissed off about the complete walmartization of our profession but nobody seems willing to do anything about it. Fact is, DAL and NW mgmt went Ch11 in order to secure a better future for management... which is why they filed BEFORE Oct 17th. Furthermore, You guys and gals gave at the office with a pay freeze, the DAL pilots gave up 32% and the NW pilots first gave a freeze then concessions. Y'all (those being told to "take it or leave it" don't seem willing to say enough is enough. The bancruptcy process should only be used to get creditors in line with market rates, not to subrogate pilot contracts. But management sees ALPA as a complete joke, which it indeed is, and therefore is running with free reign to outright cancel contracts.

There are thousands of GOOD JOBS out there. There IS life beyond aviation, and a good life at that. If the flying club younglings want to come in and take over our profession for $50K a year, have at it. This job is hardly worth it at a $200K max. We are the only profession that will indefinitely miss the most vaulable moments in our kids lives because we're destined to living out of a suitcase half the month. Now managements think they can fill our cockpits with flight school grads who are foaming at the mouth with SJS, well... have at it.

And to the young guys coming in. Spare me the lecture about how you all need a fair shot, or about how my rhetoric is discriminating. I spent 7 years doing IOE at the regionals and if I had a nickal for every new guy who told me he'd do this job for free if they insisted, well, I wouldn't need to make a living flying airplanes any longer. By their 12 month anniversary date they're just as pissed off at our prospects as everyone else. Sure I was young once to, and I equally suffered from SJS when I left the flight school life, but I would have never continued pursuit of this profession if I thought I wouldn't be able to life a nice life. Nor would I ever even contemplate flying an airplane for free... any airplane.

If CMR pilots accept these 100 seat rates, the entire industry (read: majors and regionals) will eventually follow suit. We'll have senior wide-body captains making a MAXIMUM of $100k a year. Now that may sound just dandy to the average jet-school grad with 300hrs TT, hence there will be absolutely no shortage of new pilots willing to fill the shoes of those who leave the business, but that kind of living just won't cut it in this country.

It is pathetic to see ALPA National as impotent as it has ever been. It is equally tragic to see the NW MEC offer up their pilots profession on a platter to the company. DAL pilots will be next and so long as no pilot group is willing to "not rock the boat" our profession will continue to be decimated and any damage we do will take at least 20 years to recover from.

I must say, however, the Comair guys seem to have more gnads than the NW pilots, if the comments on these boards are any indication of the group. Imagine that, RJ pilots teaching the major guys a thing or two about growing a pair.

Remember, if there ain't any pilots to fly the birds, the judges will have absolutely no say in the matter. And the creditors will be screaming at managment to get their planes in the air again. There is only so much bloodshed that labor can take, isn't there?

I have been with CMR one year, and my feeling is if they want to shut this billion dollar company down over 17.3 million in pilot concesions go ahead. I would like to see how delta could realocate 173 airplanes.

cosmotheassman said:
Guess Delta gave you boys a little "payback" for the strike. Now we know why they sold ASA instead of Comair...What a bunch of greedy biatches...

Blatantly disrespecting those that fought to raise the bar. I bet this "biatch" has 9 days off a month at Mesa and is bitter towards everyone else.

you fellas at comair deserve more and will get more. While that industry leading contract might take a hit for a bit, once delta gets rid of this flu, things'll hopefully be better.

good luck boys

jehtplane said:
ALPA needs to grow a pair, unite us all and walkout. When does it stop? Duane where are you?

Don't expect much help from ALPO. They're pretty useless.

Last edited:
To the bottom

Hmmm... lowering pay rates, AND... what is upgrade time going to be going at Comair? Start comparing your new crappy 5 year FO wages to Captain wages at CHQ/MESA/TSA. WOW... STRAIGHT to the bottom of the barrel and then some, if you guys approve this. Glass houses... glass houses...

japhy said:
Don't expect much help from ALPO. Their pretty useless.

Actually, ALPA has the #2 attorney (Assistant Director of Representation) within the Representation Department attached to this negotiation. Is that what you meant by "no help from ALPA?" Just wondering.

-Neal

Will the day ever arrive when there are no more young pilots willing to fly a jet for $30 an hour?

Because that is the only thing that will save our collective butts!

Latest resources

Back