• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Paycuts!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those pay rates are a couple bucks an hour less than what I make to fly a 50 seater at Air Willy... after UAL stuffed the concessions down our throats.

Not to mention productivity going to sh1t. The memo that just came out warned us of fewer days off and line value going down to 76 hrs. a month. These two things alone mean a substantial hit in pay and QOL. Now add these new pay scales to the mix, Ouch. All this for an airline that WAS profitable going into bankruptcy.

These posts are funny.

After Comair is undercut by numerous airlines recently, the Comair pilots take a pay freeze in some hope of having a future. Everyone calls us growth whores. Now, in bankruptcy, with no leverage, all the same people are telling us to, "Say NO. Take a stand. Shut your airline down. Don't do this to us. We'll all be screwed if Comair pilots don't take a stand for us."

Funny.

Boys, Boys,

You know ole J.C. and Corey are going to drag you guys over to the Radisson and give ya the "sermon on the mount" speech. Everybody is going to cry, but J.C. will tell you everything is going to be OK under his leadership, something like this:

"We've seen good days and dark days men, nows the time for us to unify and roll up our sleeves, we'll be back, BIGGER, BETTER, and STRONGER, now who's with me!"

Fifty bucks says when this is all over, if CMR is still standing; Lawson will be too.

wolfpackpilot said:
"We've seen good days and dark days men, nows the time for us to unify and roll up our sleeves, we'll be back, BIGGER, BETTER, and STRONGER, now who's with me!"

:laugh:

Hey Mike Don't do it for me. Add me to the list that think those people should fall on their own sword. Look out for number one cause noone else will. We're all screwed regardless if this is the way the industry is going.

From the recent Q&A

I am a first officer. This is my fourth airline and my third bankruptcy. I have been furloughed three times in my six years of flying. I am on a pay freeze and my story is not unique. Why should I and other pilots like me have to endure another pay reduction?
A.
I realize that these pay reductions are not easy for any of us, and they have a significant impact our lifestyles and what we have become accustomed to. But, as I have said, we have no choice but to get our costs in line with what Delta is willing to pay us to fly. Our employment costs are certainly a big part of that equation. Without adjustments to these costs, we will not get through restructuring as a going concern. That being said, I also understand that everyone as individuals has to make their own personal decisions about their tolerance for these pay reductions and whether employment at Comair is a value proposition that still makes sense for them.

In other words, fred is telling you to go fuk yourself. Don't go away mad, just go away.

"What delta is willing to pay us to fly". Oh god, I love it when they pull this angle.

This is not a negotiation. This is a take it or leave it shock treatment in an effort to make as many senior people jump ship as possible. They know that for every one senior pilot that leaves there is three fools ready to take their place. If a four year FO leaves and a new hire takes his place they have effectively acheived a four year pay freeze in that position. Multiply that by the number of cola's, voluntary furloughs, and straight up "blow me"s that are about to happen and you are talking about some serious cost savings. They are actually training new hires because they know people are getting the f out of dodge.

The only thing missing from this crock of sh1t is more of freds big words. He sure does love the "I know more than you silly pilots" big words. I think he named his first child Arbitrage. That is one of his favorites. Pro rata, mmmmm pro rata.

Good luck to all, for those that stay I hope that it works out for the best and for those that have left or are leaving I wish you the best in your new endeavors. Quite frankly, comair doesn't deserve any of you.

If we say NO, Delta will go to the judge and seek to cancel our contract. The judge may agree and the judge may not.

If we say Yes, there is no guarantee of anything. Delta will simply continue to down size us and give our flying to other carriers.

So, how are we better off by agreeing to what they want than we are by forcing them to go to the judge? What is the real difference between the two?

That's the question we have to answer. Will they file 1113(c) against Comair? Probably yes. That still leaves time to negotiate and if we do not agree, then they ask the judge to cancel our contract. So what? Doesn't this blackmail have the same effect?

737 Pylt said:
You forgot to mention how its all the Delta mainline pilots' fault!

I'm sorry, it's the Delta pilots' fault. There, do you fell better now?

Latest resources

Back