• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Paycuts!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's just about enough to make a comair pilot go POSTAL. Are there any clock towers around the Comair GO?

Anybody else start having that dream where your falling and falling and then you wake up? I WANNA WAKE UP NOW!!!

With this pay scale it would take 4.5 years as an FO to pass what I now make at a crappy cargo outfit. And to think I was going to give the airlines a fourth try.

It may be time to circle the wagons again. And this time it may be worth it to permit Delta to park all 174 of Comair's airplanes for however long they choose.

If we agree to this blackmail there is nothing to prevent them from shutting it down in the future or demanding even more.

Sometimes it is necessary to say NO, regardless of the consequence.

When the consequence of NO is not different from the consequence of YES, what difference does it make?

surplus1 said:
It may be time to circle the wagons again. And this time it may be worth it to permit Delta to park all 174 of Comair's airplanes for however long they choose.

If we agree to this blackmail there is nothing to prevent them from shutting it down in the future or demanding even more.

Sometimes it is necessary to say NO, regardless of the consequence.

When the consequence of NO is not different from the consequence of YES, what difference does it make?

You forgot to mention how its all the Delta mainline pilots' fault!

turbodriver said:
Go west young aviator....

Come to QX Comair furloughees!!! We're hiring! And we're not taking a paycut next year. (even though everyone thinks otherwise) Why?

We're not like every other regional out there. So we can't be compared to the rest of you. We don't wait to get paid from bankrupt mainline.

We have always been at the place where Independence so desperately tried to get to since we were founded. We're already on our own and we make our own money.

We're industry leading in service.

We're industry leading in technology. Name any other regional where the entire fleet is configured to CATIII mins of 50' and 600 RVR.

Therefore, we deserve an industry leading contract. We also deserve everything we have in our CBA and more. Granted, it needs some tweaking but you get the idea. They're having trouble filling classes so apply today!

Plus, I need more people under me :)
Turbodriver,
What is QX's definaition of a "qualified" applicant?

I hate to see this crap happen in the industry. People have always said regional pilots are like a glorified bus driver. Now we are making less money than a normal bus driver, and never home on top of it all.

I do have to say that the Comair rates really suck!!! That is about what I made at QX as an FO in the Dash 8 and I was still on the lowest paying airplane scale. I think it may be about time to start preparing for a new career. Maybe a pastry chef. At least if I dont make enough money to survive I can always eat way to happiness.

MMMMMMmmmmm!!!!! DONUTS!!!!!

Duane??? Not only is he giving us the finger while he is counting his $500 G’s we gave him. He is giving us the finger on vacation…that Comair paid for - after he talk us into buying our own wet jet dream. In addition to the vacation I think he got somewhere around $200G’s for that one and he will probably get more this time around - thanks for helping out DUAne.

As much as I hate to say it, Surplus is right.

At some point you just have to say, "enough is enough -- i'm worth more than this."

I certainly dont want you to fall on your sword for the industry, but if any pilot group has what it takes to take a stand, I think its Comair.

Don't give in on this one guys.

Latest resources

Back