Comair No Longer Hiring Furloughees?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Otto_Pilot said:
I read on another thread here somewhere (but now, I cant seem to find it) that Comair is no longer interviewing or hiring pilots who are furloughed from other carriers.

Can anyone confirm that this is a policy-change at Comair? Up until now I believe that they would hire furloughed pilots provided that they resigned their seniority with their former employers.

Will this have any impact on furloughed-pilots who have already been hired by Comair and are awaiting classdates, or pilots who are in-class?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Kind of hard to hire ANYONE when you are offering company leaves of absence. and planning on furloughing 200 - 400 pilots. If your waiting for a class date you might want to make other plans

Otto_Pilot said:
I read on another thread here somewhere (but now, I cant seem to find it) that Comair is no longer interviewing or hiring pilots who are furloughed from other carriers.

Can anyone confirm that this is a policy-change at Comair? Up until now I believe that they would hire furloughed pilots provided that they resigned their seniority with their former employers.

Will this have any impact on furloughed-pilots who have already been hired by Comair and are awaiting classdates, or pilots who are in-class?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

That's probably true, unless your other company will GIVE them unlimited 70 seaters or better. Then, maybe.

Bye Bye--General Lee

FreightNazi said:
How senior is CVG?

Necromancer

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/Assets/necromancer.jpg

Necromancer has a supernatural ability to bring long-dead forum discussion threads back to life. After having been flogged to death the thread may have been deceased for many years, and bringing it back may have scant relevance to the current topic, yet Necromancer will unexpectedly exhume the thread’s rotting corpse, and strike horror in the forum as its grotesque form lurches into the discussion. The monster, instantly recognized by all who knew it in life, seems at first to breathe and have a pulse, but, alas, it is beyond Necromancer’s skill to fully restore the thread’s original vitality. The hideous apparition may frighten away some of the weaker Warriors or Warriors badly wounded in former battles, but the thread is only a shadow of its former self and very quickly expires.

Unlike Archivist who compulsively saves every forum message in carefully preserved archives for future use in battle, Necromancer collects departed threads merely for the thrill of resurrecting them. Some say he performs this unnatural act out of malice, others say he can’t help himself, but no one really knows.

kc81900 said:
Kind of hard to hire ANYONE when you are offering company leaves of absence. and planning on furloughing 200 - 400 pilots. If your waiting for a class date you might want to make other plans
You think so!? Dude, I think this thread was resurrected for the irony. Comair woulnd't hire furloughs (allegedly) and now are preparing to furlough themselves. See there? If you had no soul, I suppose it could be kind of funny.

General Lee said:
That's probably true, unless your other company will GIVE them unlimited 70 seaters or better. Then, maybe.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oh I don't think thats true.. They won't have to, you and FDJ2 will give them plenty...and by February no less! :rolleyes:

But hey no hard feelings ...let me play the next song for you...A little S&G..."slip,slidding away"...but seriously what you guys think about a "one-list" now?

spinproof said:
Oh I don't think thats true.. They won't have to, you and FDJ2 will give them plenty...and by February no less! :rolleyes:

But hey no hard feelings ...let me play the next song for you...A little S&G..."slip,slidding away"...but seriously what you guys think about a "one-list" now?

Ok, what? I never did like S&G. As far as one list now, I don't mind---with a staple. I wouldn't mind Lawson or Ford doing walk arounds for me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Heeelllllllooooooo????? McFllllyyyyyy????? :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

Are you home????:confused: :confused: :confused:

This thread is from February of 2002. Any common sense out there????:uzi: :uzi:

Latest resources

Back