Comair No Longer Hiring Furloughees?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Otto_Pilot

I read on another thread here somewhere (but now, I cant seem to find it) that Comair is no longer interviewing or hiring pilots who are furloughed from other carriers.

Can anyone confirm that this is a policy-change at Comair? Up until now I believe that they would hire furloughed pilots provided that they resigned their seniority with their former employers.

Will this have any impact on furloughed-pilots who have already been hired by Comair and are awaiting classdates, or pilots who are in-class?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

I havn't heard anything like this, and I don't think it's true. That policy would eliminate a large group of potential employees. Just send in your resume and don't worry too much about rumors. Good luck.

More Information?

Ok thank you. I finally found it. On the thread titled, "How did you get the call", a poster named Boeingdriver213 wrote,

"If you are furloughed don't expect a call from Comair. Thay wouldn't even talk to furloughees at DFW. Want nothing to do with them, even if you offered to resign your seniority."

I was wondering if anyone else got that impression from the Comair recruiters at the Dallas AirInc seminars and, if correct, what implications that might have for furloughed pilots who are hired and awaiting a classdate, or with interviews scheduled.

Thanks!

I am pretty sure that you got some bad info. I am currently at Mesaba. We unfortunately have some pilots out on the street. I have a friend on furlough who is interviewing in 2 weeks. We have had several non furloughed pilots jump ship to go to Comair too!

Good luck to you and all the other pilots out there looking for work.

OAK

In my class, there are several guys who are furloughed......we started at the end of 2002

FreightNazi said:
How senior is CVG?

What about QOL...(sorry couldn't resist)

Latest resources

Back