Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tim47SIP said:
DJ Delta's Comair Aims To Reduce Dependence On 50-Seat Marke

Comair is going to suffer here for a while, but I think in a year or two, they will come out smelling like a rose. This may be the key to start flying numerous 70+ - 99 seat aircraft. With the reduction of 30-50 seater's, I wonder where they will go? I doubt the desert, but who knows?

I would think that ASA/SKY should be able to absorb some of these already trained pilots (without interviewing). Good luck to you guys.

Yeah, I found that interesting in that they mentioned briefly larger than 70 seat aircraft

Tim47SIP said:
...without interviewing...
I can be pretty nice sometimes, but not that nice! I wouldn't even want some of our OWN pilots getting rehired without an interview.

RichO said:
Hmm, I don't know, they keep trying to get me to go......but.....we'll see....I think I'm just scared of Altus, there's nothing to do out there.......you heading to March?
No plans yet. The wife is in grad school here so I have to stay put at least until this summer. Rumors abound of J's or C-17's...we will see if our politicians can deliver the pork!!

To the boneyard...

KingAirer said:
Mesa adds 30 RJs and Comair loses 30 RJs...Dont think its a coiencedence.

Maybe I missed something here but I haven't heard anything of Mesa increasing their fleet. Skywest yes, but they were 70 seaters. I think these thirty Comair 50 seaters are headed to a nice long stay in the sands of Arizona. The market for fifties is saturated...who would want them?

Freedom started flying 30 RJs for Delta starting this month. That was announced sometime back in the early Spring or so, I believe.

They are talking about larger than 70 seat aircraft in the future.....maybe E170's and E190's.....what do you think????

Latest resources

Back