Comair News Hits!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichO

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]DJ Comair To Reduce Operational And Employment Costs In Support Of Delta Air Lines' Transformation Plan>DAL[/FONT]
10/13/2005
Dow Jones News Services
(Copyright © 2005 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.)

(MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires
10-13-05 0830ET
Copyright (c) 2005 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]*DJ Delta's Comair To Cut Costs By Up To $70M A Year >DAL[/FONT]
10-13-05 0831ET

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]*DJ Delta To Remove Up To 30 Aircraft From Comair Schedule[/FONT]
10-13-05 0832ET

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]*DJ Delta's Comair: 11 Aircraft To Leave Schedule By Dec.>DAL[/FONT]
10-13-05 0833ET

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]*DJ Delta's Comair To Cut Up To 1,000 Jobs >DAL[/FONT]
10-13-05 0833ET

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]*DJ Delta's Comair To Cut Pay For Officer, Non-Union Workers[/FONT]
10-13-05 0834ET

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]*DJ Comair Plans Talks With Unions To Cut Employment Costs[/FONT]
10-13-05 0835ET

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]*DJ Delta's Comair Aims To Reduce Dependence On 50-Seat Market[/FONT]
10-13-05 0836ET

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]DJ Delta To Cut 1,000 Comair Jobs, Seeks To Lower Costs >DAL[/FONT]
CINCINNATI (Dow Jones)--Delta Air Lines Inc.'s (DAL) regional unit, Comair, plans to cut up to 1,000 jobs to reduce costs by up to $70 million.
In a press release Thursday, Delta, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in September, said about 350 of the Comair job losses already were announced as part of a plan to trim service to and from Cincinnati.
In addition to layoffs, Comair will seek to cut pay for pilots by $17.3 million, flight attendants by $8.9 million and mechanics by $1 million.
Pilots are already under a pay freeze that began in June. Flight attendants are dealing with a new-hire scale.
In addition to union employees, Comair said it will seek to save $5.2 million by cutting pay to non-union workers.
Delta plans to remove up to 30 aircraft from Comair's schedule, including 11 by December.
The initial reductions stem from Delta's plans for its Cincinnati hub and will predominantly affect 50-seat planes. Long-term cuts will also target 40- ad 70-seaters.
Company Web site: http://www.comair.com
-Ian Salisbury; Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-5400; [email protected]
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
10-13-05 0909ET Copyright (c) 2005 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

Changes Ahead For Comair

[FONT=verdana,arial]AUDIO/VIDEO[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans serif]
trans_videoicon.gif
Watch this 9News video

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]We use RealVideo format only. Click here for help. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial]RELATED PICTURES[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Click for larger images.

Bumpy ride ahead for airline
(WCPO/WCPO.com)
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial]RELATED WCPO STORIES[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans serif]
pointer.gif
Comair Meets To Discuss Company's Future (10/12/05)

pointer.gif
Comair Meets To Discuss Company's Future (10/06/05)

pointer.gif
County, Airport Officials Meet Over Common Concerns (10/05/05)

pointer.gif
Delta Files For Bankruptcy (9/14/05)
[/FONT]
Reported by: http://www.wcpo.com/wcpo/bios/Jay Warren
Web produced by: Neil Relyea
Photographed by: 9News
10/12/2005 11:07:49 PM
After hours of meeting behind closed doors Wednesday night, Comair employees aren't saying much about what was on the table.
This, of course, comes after Delta filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last month and is looking to streamline it's operation.
A source has told 9News that they are looking at least two issues: pay cuts and a re-organization for some employees.
The meeting was held at Receptions banquet hall on Donaldson Highway in Erlanger.
No one stopped to talk to reporters about what was discussed. Calls to corporate communications did not yield any information either. The source for 9News though did discuss likely changes for employees inside the terminal, where supervisors and ticketing agents may have their jobs combined -- and some employees may have to re-apply for their jobs.

The magic number is....

RichO said:
any idea how many pilot cuts for 1000 jobs and 30 aircraft?

Rich,
The rule of thumb seems to be 10 pilots per aircraft so it sounds like it will be around 300 pilots. This blows. Does this mean you'll be spending some more time at Altus? (AC school) :)

Probably about 300 or so crews if they staff at 5 crews per ac. And 17 mil in concessions.

If you assume a standard staffing of 5-6 crews per aircraft, then pilot layoffs would amount to somewhere between 300 and 360 of the 1,000. That is just my guess.

Rough times ahead!

DJ Delta's Comair Aims To Reduce Dependence On 50-Seat Marke

Comair is going to suffer here for a while, but I think in a year or two, they will come out smelling like a rose. This may be the key to start flying numerous 70+ - 99 seat aircraft. With the reduction of 30-50 seater's, I wonder where they will go? I doubt the desert, but who knows?

I would think that ASA/SKY should be able to absorb some of these already trained pilots (without interviewing). Good luck to you guys.

Otto said:
Rich,
The rule of thumb seems to be 10 pilots per aircraft so it sounds like it will be around 300 pilots. This blows. Does this mean you'll be spending some more time at Altus? (AC school) :)

Hmm, I don't know, they keep trying to get me to go......but.....we'll see....I think I'm just scared of Altus, there's nothing to do out there.......you heading to March?

Latest resources

Back