• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair net conference

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
that would be him.....he only caught me 3 or 4 times with out a hat before he made up some other idea to get me in trouble.. he threatened to fire me once (over the hat), when I had called the CP office about a totally unrelated question.

.[/q]

Why didn't you just wear your damn hat like you were supposed to? Were you not aware of Comair's uniform policy when you accepted the job? Or are you just too cool? I bet if you were in the Marines or worked for Delta you would wear your required uniform, but guys don't wear them at their regional.

That's exactly right, if he had "millions" I doubt he would still be working.

A million or two isn't that much money these days, and he was pretty young. I'd still work, but let that money build up and retire at 45 or 50.

"Why didn't you just wear your damn hat like you were supposed to? Were you not aware of Comair's uniform policy when you accepted the job? Or are you just too cool? I bet if you were in the Marines or worked for Delta you would wear your required uniform, but guys don't wear them at their regional."

79%..............blow me...I didn't work for Delta and wasn't in the Marines. I worked for Comair, and after 5 years there I almost quit flying because it was that miserable.

And yes I am too cool!! But I didn't spike my hair, wear a backpack, or listen to ipod.

hey your not "that" chief pilot are you? If you are then blow me after I kick your teeth in....

ps... don't take it personally, this is all in good fun, unless your still at Comair then you may not know what fun is any more.

Ouch...touched a nerve!

I won't be blowing you.......but, no matter how miserable you are you should wear your uniform like everyone else has to! If you were so miserable, why just the hat? Why not show up in short and flip flops, or jeans and Air Jordans?

Not that miserable, huh?

Your a real rebel!

All in good fun!

Why didn't you just wear your damn hat like you were supposed to? Were you not aware of Comair's uniform policy when you accepted the job? Or are you just too cool? I bet if you were in the Marines or worked for Delta you would wear your required uniform, but guys don't wear them at their regional.

I'm sure he would have worn the hat if he had it....it was still being delivered by Bancroft or whoever makes the ridiculous looking lids.

Just read the entire post before you go all high and mighty on us.

No, thats not what he said....he said he was pissed at Comair because he hated it.....so he chose not to wear his hat in protest, therefore incurring the wrath of some lame-a$$ chief pilot who is doing his job ensuring employees follow the rules of the company.
(Which, as adults and professionals I think we can all agree should not be necessary).

I bet if he, or anyone else who doesn't wear the proper uniform would wear it if they worked at Delta or United or Emerites, etc. Why the difference? I follow the policy's of one company and not the other is beyond me.

Uh...I'm not sure a "thousandaire" necessarily has the means to stop working.

On another note. My experience with Comair can be summed up by two experiences, both on my last assigned trip before I was scheduled to be furloughed. The first was a run-in with a chief pilot as I walked into the crew room before the trip. I didn't have a hat on because the hat supplier didn't have any, therefore I didn't own one. The chief stopped me from behind, introduced himself as a chief pilot and asked why I wasn't wearing my hat. I explained it to him and his response was "oh". He wasn't particularly nasty but the fact that he would make a hat an issue four days before a few hundred people were losing their jobs, irritated me and made me wonder if the company really understood the big picture.

On the last day of the trip I received a call from crew scheduling. The next day I was supposed to be out of a job, but I heard a voice on the other end tell me that they were short staffed and wanted to junior man me!! I should have taken that as a sign and never looked back, but I ended up going back for another year and a half and was never really happy.

I figured out what was best for me, eventually, and have been happier since.

I'll bold it for you..

I bet if he, or anyone else who doesn't wear the proper uniform would wear it if they worked at Delta or United or Emerites, etc. Why the difference? I follow the policy's of one company and not the other is beyond me.

I agree...if your company says wear the hat, wear the damn hat...it is your job....but that isn't the case here.

In the interest of fairness the only dealings I had with MR were positive. He went to bat for me against the TSA and SB (the system CP). The TSA wanted my certificate and SB was ready to hand it over. On at least two other occasions I called him for help with minor problems and he came through. I didn't know he was the hat nazi, but I always wore mine, so I wouldn't know. Personally, I liked MR. He was the only CP there that I really trusted. YMMV.

Latest resources

Back