• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair MEC cuts off comm. with company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem was with Martin R. of the scheduling committee, he would come out of meetings with mang. to not violate something again but they would a couple of months later, and since there was no MOU they would violate something for months again. (Those of you that defend JC should be asheamed he got us in this situation by being in Mangs. pocket.) Since Martin was not there to do the rundowns, they came out a lot better, and it shows no pilots have been complaining. He also will not be able pick trips off of reserves schedules anymore, he'll have to fly the line just like his butt buddy JC. which by the way JC has the most sick calls out of the pilot group now.

Not sure if you heard, but about two weeks ago MR resigned from his position with ALPA. One of his other scheduling buddies underneath him stepped down as well.

I've personally been calling reps since July 3rd when rumor broke about the furloughs, not a single returned call. I finally flow with a ALPA Rep and he said it was because they're flying.

As far as the Union lying to the members, something isn't right when there are a lot of pilots agreeing that this Merger Assesment Fee smells a little fishy.
Why would National tell Comair only to get this assesment going and not the other ALPA represent carriers that are possibly involved in this imaginary merger. Even the Union reps say there is no merger happening, but it's INCASE we merge.

I might lose weight one day too, but Im not going out and buy a whole new wardrobe just INCASE.

The Union has sent out one brash email stating that pilots are facing termination if they dont pay this fee. Then they send out an apology email. Then they send out another email trying to tip toe around it and then again telling us IT'S NOT AN OPTION and again, facing termination. Using scare tactics like management? One would think management would like you not paying this bill, as it's a "Union Busting" tactic.

I've been here a couple of years and agree that the Union doesn't communicate very well.
You say "get involved" but a lot of guys who have been here for 3-4 years or less are working second jobs, and going to the WalMart to pick up baby formula provided with WIC vouchers.
I'm definetly not pro management, and not anti Union. Just agreeing that the Union in my last two years here hasn't left the greatest impression.

Maybe they were communicating when you were at Walmart. I'm not preaching to you, but you have to get more involved. Recall your reps if they are not doing their job. Giving you an excuse that they were flying the line and could not return your call is B.S. in this day and time when everyone has cell phones. They signed up for the job, make them do it or get someone in that will. If your claim is true, then you don't have leaders in the leadership positions.

In regards to the displacement I don't think it is time to panic just yet. It is of course not good news. Looking at the numbers I came up with a slightly different conclusion.

Projected minimum number of pilot positions needed in March 2009

Projected Maximum number of pilot positions needed in March 2009

Current number of pilots

Difference between current and min number:

We are already under the max number.

I am not sure what the attrition assumption is right now used by crew planning. There are 8 months between now and March 2009.

My point is we are real close between the numbers we have now and what we will need. I hope well to all the folks who will lose captains slots and the first officers who will lose positions.

Not good but not time to panic yet.

In regards to the displacement I don't think it is time to panic just yet. It is of course not good news. Looking at the numbers I came up with a slightly different conclusion.

Projected minimum number of pilot positions needed in March 2009

Projected Maximum number of pilot positions needed in March 2009

Current number of pilots

Difference between current and min number:

We are already under the max number.

I am not sure what the attrition assumption is right now used by crew planning. There are 8 months between now and March 2009.

My point is we are real close between the numbers we have now and what we will need. I hope well to all the folks who will lose captains slots and the first officers who will lose positions.

Not good but not time to panic yet.

Where are you getting those min and max numbers? It's not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious.

However, the displacement bid also says specifically that the min-max numbers for FO's does not take into account the possible furloughs so don't use those numbers for determining the possible number that will be lost. Just look at the huge difference between CA positions and FO positions, the discrepency should be obvious.

Latest resources

Back