• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair "latest and greatest"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No I don't work in a kitchen, I work in a galley and my husband works in the cockpit.

Just trying to get a feel for what may happen.

A two income household with both incomes coming from Comair?

I'm not writing this to be an *** (even though this almost mandatory at flightinfo.com anymore), but I sincerely hope you and your husband have built one hell of a contingency fund.

On the other hand, if you have you wouldn't need to ask questions about the future of your employer.

Best wishes. It's truly sad to see what has happened to Comair, which has become more of a circus than an airline over the last few years.

What is the latest and greatest news or rumors about Comair? I'm interested in learning what people think about Delta's plans for Comair. Good or bad, just let it all hang out.

Hey Tiff, the consensus on Comair is not good. You guys had better have a back up. You remember what happened to the cvg 840 a/k/a customer service department? If you think Comair is coming out of this then you must be smoking weed, like one of you guys f.o's.

Hey Tiff, the consensus on Comair is not good. You guys had better have a back up. You remember what happened to the cvg 840 a/k/a customer service department? If you think Comair is coming out of this then you must be smoking weed, like one of you guys f.o's.

No we don't have a contingency fund but won't we get unemployment benefits for 99 mos? During that time I"ll look for an office job but I know my husband wants to stay in the industry. He won't face reality that Comair most likely will be dismantled. He wants out of here and has tried with no luck yet. I have tried to get him to look at the possibility of Comair being shut down but he doesn't believe it. I hope Comair survives somehow not just for myself and my hubby but for all who work here.

No we don't have a contingency fund but won't we get unemployment benefits for 99 mos? During that time I"ll look for an office job but I know my husband wants to stay in the industry. He won't face reality that Comair most likely will be dismantled. He wants out of here and has tried with no luck yet. I have tried to get him to look at the possibility of Comair being shut down but he doesn't believe it. I hope Comair survives somehow not just for myself and my hubby but for all who work here.

You 2 sound like a smart couple.

WOW! Can I marry you if it doesn't work out? Hey you sound like a smart woman who is facing reality. Your husband is not practicing his crm(Namely applicable to you). But hey, make those contigency plans and he WILL be glad you did and love you even more.Ii wish you both all the best!!!
One more thing, don't let some of the more uhhhhhh hedonistic personalities on here discourage you from getting information on your situation. There are still nice folks in the world.

WOW! Can I marry you if it doesn't work out? Hey you sound like a smart woman who is facing reality. Your husband is not practicing his crm(Namely applicable to you). But hey, make those contigency plans and he WILL be glad you did and love you even more.Ii wish you both all the best!!!
One more thing, don't let some of the more uhhhhhh hedonistic personalities on here discourage you from getting information on your situation. There are still nice folks in the world.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm not a pilot, maybe I don't phrase things right and it irks people here. We have money in our 401ks. If Comair goes down, won't we get that money? He keeps updating his app for other airlines as is every Comair pilot. If Delta got rid of all of our 50 seaters and we retained only our 70/90s flying for Delta without adding any new 70/90s to the mix, my hubby and I would most likely lose our jobs along with hundreds of other folks. I really wish I knew what Delta had in mind for us but we won't know till we read it on Epic like with the Compass/Mesaba deal. I read Trailblazer's posts all the time on the other forum but I cannot post there. I think I have seen your posts over there too. I'm flying with a guy who's back after almost 2 years being furloughed. He's really happy to be back and I'm happy for him and his family, but I can't get it out of my head that we are going to cease to exist in 2011. I was hoping other Comair people were on here too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back