• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair is not an airline!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And we could make a list of new airlines that succeeded, so listing a few failures does nothing except show it's a tough business.

PCL_128 said:
What's the problem here? Boyd is, as usual, correct. Comair isn't a true airline. Comair has none of its own flights, does none of its own marketing, and has no brand image of its own. Comair simply leases crews and airplanes to Delta mainline. That's what all regionals do. Get over it.

Not mine

wrigley23 said:
"Comair is not an airline. Comair is simply someone who leases its aircraft to Delta," Boyd said. "Comair is turning a profit. Well, so is the toilet paper vendor for Delta. All that means is Comair is making money by Delta moving money from one pocket to another."

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051220/NEWS01/512200356

Boyd is a @#%&#@. His group's analysis is always hindsight. Who actually pays them? I bet the toilet paper workers aren't taking pay cuts.

Who honestly gives a damn what Boyd say's,,,,,anyone, bueller?

PCL_128 said:
What's the problem here? Boyd is, as usual, correct. Comair isn't a true airline. Comair has none of its own flights, does none of its own marketing, and has no brand image of its own. Comair simply leases crews and airplanes to Delta mainline. That's what all regionals do. Get over it.

Pinnacle isn't an airline either.

Boyd is essentially correct. Like the other pure code-sharing operators, Comair is an airline because it has a distinct managerial structure and FAA certificate, however, it doesn't operate as a stand-alone entity. His comments weren't meant as a slam to any pilots so there's no cause for getting bent out of shape. We're all airline pilots no matter who codeshares with whomever.

CptMurf said:
Webster's defines an airline as...
  1. A system for scheduled air transport of passengers and freight.
  2. A business providing a system of scheduled air transport. Also called airway.
Funny, I don't see where it says that you need to supply your OWN infastructure to be considered an airline. It can be farmed out, codeshared, or whatever you want as long as you move people from point A to point B in an aircraft.

BTW a lot of regionals sublease their aircraft from their mainline partner, usually at a higher rate than original lease. Thus providing a profit stream to the mainline counterpart.

Oh no here we go again, Comair is not an airline, but as corectly stated a crew and aircraft leasing company, get over it.

that said, your flying, getting paid, your just going to have to tell mom and dad your not really an airline pilot (who really cares anyway? I guess the guys who go into the local starbucks every morning in full uniform and a hat?)

Rabble said:
Things that are absurd about "going it alone":

1. Midway
2. Boston Maine (PanAm 3.5)
3. Independance
4. Kiwi
5. Eastwind
6. Shuttle America

...need we go on?

At least all of the above are airlines, also any commuter or regional that has a code share agreement and operates under a pro-rate agreement is probably an airline, they have revenue accounting departments, they are very concerned about ticket yields (and pro-rate's), they have at least some sort of marketing department, they take the risk if the plane is empty and make money when it's full. They don't fly an empty airplane after a 6 hour MX delay on a round trip just so they can collect a check.

FDJ2 said:
Relax, I wasn't laughing at "another company's demise", just the absurd proclamation that CMR could have easily gone it alone.

Actually I believe you were. As you have noted on several occassions your disdane for Comair in general and the RJ plight in particular. I suppose your giddiness is hard to control based on having to find something to vent your anger on while taking it in the shorts AGAIN from your management and ALPA.

I will remind you that Comair was in merger talks with Spirit before YOUR company stepped in and royally $crewed it all up! Whether Comair would have prospered in that situation would be speculation now but one has to wonder.

Your vitriolic comments are channeled at the wrong sources and just prove you to be an apoligest for a failed pilot barginning group and it's leaders.

But gee no hard feelings!
Merry Christmas!

spinproof said:
Actually I believe you were. As you have noted on several occassions your disdane for Comair in general and the RJ plight in particular. I suppose your giddiness is hard to control based on having to find something to vent your anger on while taking it in the shorts AGAIN from your management and ALPA.

I will remind you that Comair was in merger talks with Spirit before YOUR company stepped in and royally $crewed it all up! Whether Comair would have prospered in that situation would be speculation now but one has to wonder.

Your vitriolic comments are channeled at the wrong sources and just prove you to be an apoligest for a failed pilot barginning group and it's leaders.

But gee no hard feelings!
Merry Christmas!

Can anyone translate that for me? I didn't know half of those words existed.

Latest resources

Back