Comair is not an airline!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
Comair has none of its own flights, does none of its own marketing, and has no brand image of its own.

Funny how their airplanes say Comair on the side, and most passengers will tell you that they are taking "Comair". That's why Delta had to buy them in the first place, they could have left on their own at anytime (and it wouldn't have been a FlyI situation). When's the last time a pax knew who Pinnacle was, oh thats right you probably said "I work for Northwest airlink."

CptMurf said:
they could have left on their own at anytime (and it wouldn't have been a FlyI situation).

Please expand on this.

GogglesPisano said:
Please expand on this.

Comair had reached a point where, although contracted out in certain areas, could have gone it alone. Their name was on the side of the aircraft, people knew who they were, they sold their own ticket stock on their flights, with their own reservation center (contracted out), and flew to a wide variety of destinations throughout the US. They could have very easily made it on their own.

FlyI on the other hand, started out on a new name, tickets that could only be bought on their website (no expedia etc.), and flew to a very select market. People didn't know who they were, where they flew, how to contact them, or even how to buy a ticket.

FlyI on the other hand, started out on a new name, tickets that could only be bought on their website (no expedia etc.), and flew to a very select market. People didn't know who they were, where they flew, how to contact them, or even how to buy a ticket.[/quote]

Ahhhh, that is why they have such a high load factor...

CptMurf said:
Comair had reached a point where, although contracted out in certain areas, could have gone it alone. ....

They could have very easily made it on their own.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.:laugh:

Instead of laughing at another company's demise, you might do better to worry about the continued existence of your own company.

Nindiri said:
Instead of laughing at another company's demise, you might do better to worry about the continued existence of your own company.

Relax, I wasn't laughing at "another company's demise", just the absurd proclamation that CMR could have easily gone it alone.

I will admit that I know next to nothing about Comair and it's history, but if it had it's own reservations and ticketing, routes, etc, as others here have claimed, what is absurd about the idea of them buying bigger airplanes and going it alone?

Things that are absurd about "going it alone":

1. Midway
2. Boston Maine (PanAm 3.5)
3. Independance
4. Kiwi
5. Eastwind
6. Shuttle America

...need we go on?

Latest resources

Back