• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COMair in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The ramp in ATL is the way it is because that is the way Delta wants it to be. If they wanted to improve it, it would be done. Don't make the mistake of believing that ASA management does anything without the approval of Big D.

Seems hard to believe with all of the pi$$ed off passengers...
Had a redcoat and a d/c both on the other day trying to get me to board..no A/C cart, no pwr cart either. Went through 4 until one worked. The redcoat told me they only had 3 out of 12 ac units working! All of the broken tugs, trucks, pwr carts etc......you would think with these idiots breaking all of the equipment all the time they would start firing people....boy that would be a change!
I bet the employment flyers put out around here go something like this...
Do you want to work in the airline industry?? Whoops, get PAID to work in the airline industry?? Come to work, cruise the 'hot' chicks at the airport concourse's?? Be able to drive all different kinds of equipement and not worry about being responsible for it if you happen to put a small dent in it??? Take breaks all day and then catch the bus?? Well COME ON DOWN!!! WE WANT YOU!!!

Don't feel too bad this is the way it is in all major cities with all airline employees. Why do you think Southwest stays out of the big cities? Delay times.... no to avoid these kind of employees. We see the exact same thing day in and day out in Newark and in Houston.

Heard this excuse the other day: "blah, blah, blah, we can't park you right now because about half the shift didn't show up today..."

winged princess said:
This was my briefing to the passengers, "I apologize for the delay leaving ATL. This CVG based, Comair crew and airplane have been here for 1 1/2 hours. Unfortunately we were unable to get the ASA Atlanta ramp and gate to do there job."
How professional. All that flight time and however many years flying, and that's the best you can come up with?

The customer doesn't want to hear, "that's not my job" or, "you're late because others are not doing their jobs." They want the job done, period; and they don't give a d@mn who gets it done. They want to go home.

Perhaps you could go to work for ASA ramp services and show the rampers how it's done. Of course, you'll need to work on your writing and spelling skills before they'll consider you.

Whew!! Sorry I pissed so many pilots off.

First of all, I wish the Chief Pilot would call me in. What did I say that was a lie?? Actually, the passengers were able to see my crew and I go above and beyond to get the flight out. And they applauded when I made that briefing.

Second, I wish you guys were flying your own ATL stuff. Again, marketing does not check with me.

Third, I still think some of our guys from CVG could make a world of a difference on the ramp in ATL.

And last, sorry about my spelling, my flight time and that I offended you.

winged princess said:
To add my 2 cents to the ATL situation.....

ATL is the worse station I have ever seen. This was my briefing to the passengers, "I apologize for the delay leaving ATL. This CVG based, Comair crew and airplane have been here for 1 1/2 hours. Unfortunately we were unable to get the ASA Atlanta ramp and gate to do there job."

How very professional. (tic)

BTW, you may want to try a spell checker on those write-ups to your CP.

The AJC (my favorite paper after USAToday) just stated that ASA had "By Far" the worst record with baggage being lost. Why is that? Doesn't Delta supervise any of that?

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Winged Princess,

Apology accepted. Ramper-bashing is old hat at ASA. I just don't think it's a good idea to share our sentiments with the customers, especially in such a harsh manner. Let's keep it internal and work on our shortcomings that way. I don't want to sweep the problem under the rug, but I think there are better methods to tackle it.

FL000

Last edited:
General Lee said:
The AJC (my favorite paper after USAToday) just stated that ASA had "By Far" the worst record with baggage being lost. Why is that? Doesn't Delta supervise any of that?

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

We are also dead last in on-time performance at 74% for May 03. If DAL cared, it would be fixed. I feel that they are happy with the current situation because they are making a lot of money and most pax that we carry don't have a choice in flying on us (lack of competition on many of our routes) or don't know they are going to be on an ASA aircraft. They call DAL for a ticket from ATL to MMY, ISP, or JFK, who would think that would be on a 50 seat jet?

Anyone who has had the misfortune to be in Atlanta for anything other than a surface visit has seen the miserable attitude and "what's in it for me" value system inherent in every aspect of the city.

There is no quick fix, because our ideals simply do not translate to Atlanta's way of existence. I lived and worked there for two months and was quite happy to return to the midwest. At least now I can get a burger or sandwich without feeling like an jerk for having someone work a little. That treatment was awful, just awful, and I'm certain it's all over the airport community too.

Latest resources

Back