Comair Health Benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Whitestoneclimb

How are the health insurance benefits @ Comair? Dental? Vision?

Whitestoneclimb said:
How are the health insurance benefits @ Comair? Dental? Vision?
Don't get sick, injured, or let your wife deliver a child on the CMR health insurance plan and you'll be just fine. Also, don't get any cavities in your teeth.

It's almost like being self insured! You pay da bill!

jarhead said:
Don't get sick, injured, or let your wife deliver a child on the CMR health insurance plan and you'll be just fine. Also, don't get any cavities in your teeth.

It's almost like being self insured! You pay da bill!

Don't listen to this guy. Benefits are pretty darn good.

Chosen One said:
Don't listen to this guy. Benefits are pretty darn good.

Have you not seen all the complaints and discontent with the new insurance company on the CMR ALPA boards? It's gone south big time after Linda changed insurance companies. NOBODY is happy about it now. Read the ALPA boards!

jarhead said:
Have you not seen all the complaints and discontent with the new insurance company on the CMR ALPA boards? It's gone south big time after Linda changed insurance companies. NOBODY is happy about it now. Read the ALPA boards!

Yeah I know, Anthem was cheaper than United Health care. But it's still WAY better than any number of 9-5 jobs out there. My wife's former company had Anthem, and the two of us would have been $175/month! To say "It's almost like being self insured! You pay da bill!" is slightly exaggerated. But of-course I forgot what forum this was, I should have expected that. Besides, do you even work for Comair?

Chosen One said:
Yeah I know, Anthem was cheaper than United Health care. But it's still WAY better than any number of 9-5 jobs out there. My wife's former company had Anthem, and the two of us would have been $175/month! To say "It's almost like being self insured! You pay da bill!" is slightly exaggerated. But of-course I forgot what forum this was, I should have expected that. Besides, do you even work for Comair?
My son is a nine year Comair Captain.......I get the scoop on it straight from the horses mouth. He ain't happy about it!

Jarhead

Yes, the new insurance plan is more expensive than the old plan. Saying it is crap is rather ignorant on your part. Your son bitches about the cost because it's a different insurance plan than we had last year and costs more out of pocket. I read the ALPA boards just as much as you and we both know people bitch about everyone.. and on the ALPA board it's the same people bitching about everything.

Take a little comparison of what other companies give now a days and we still have a good plan.

By the way.. Dental didn't change from last year and neither did vision. Cavaties are paid at 100%...meaning no charge to the employee. Not even an office co-pay.

To answer the initial question.

You get your choice of an HMO or PPO through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Sheild. I have the PPO and pay about 50 bucks a paycheck for both my wife and I. $15 co-pay, $7 generic and $15 brand name meds.. You pay a portion of labs/Xrays. Dental is through MetLife and costs me another 3 bucks a paycheck. They cover quite a lot of things at no cost to you. Root Canal for instance costs you nothing where as most insurance plans make you pay 20%. Vision is basic coverage and is no additional cost.

chperplt said:
Jarhead

By the way.. Dental didn't change from last year and neither did vision. Cavaties are paid at 100%...meaning no charge to the employee. Not even an office co-pay.
OK, straight forward question.......did the choice of who you could pick for a dentist change? My son had a filing done last week that was pure torture, as the novocaine never did take hold. He felt it was an incompetent dentist.

Also, is it true that some doctors will not accept Comair insurance due to the hassle of getting paid. That's what the grape vine is saying to me. Am I wrong?

Thanks for the replies. I interview on Tuesday.

Latest resources

Back