• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comair going bankrupt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The rumor I heard is that if Delta declares BK, roughly 10% of the RJ fleet will immediately be grounded. Actually, I believe the words were from 10% up to over 100 of them. Apparently, Delta doesn't even want any more of them, but GE is not letting them out of their orders. Now with ASA sold, it might be a pretty rough ride for the Comair folk. Discuss.

Glad to be gone

gkrangers said:
Semantics. DL is the Lucitania.
I vote for the Exxon Valdez with Captains Giambusso and Mullins on the helm.

~~~^~~~ said:
I vote for the Exxon Valdez with Captains Giambusso and Mullins on the helm.

Is there an environmental impact allusion behind that analogy? The employees are the wildlife covered in oil?

scopeCMRandASA said:
The rumor I heard is that if Delta declares BK, roughly 10% of the RJ fleet will immediately be grounded. Actually, I believe the words were from 10% up to over 100 of them. Apparently, Delta doesn't even want any more of them, but GE is not letting them out of their orders. Now with ASA sold, it might be a pretty rough ride for the Comair folk. Discuss.

Glad to be gone

That was discussed recently at a new "incommand" seminar for new captains. The possible terms used were "10% to North of 100" actually. Who knows? Sounds like GE is ramming the RJs down our throat.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I just PM'ed you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If DAL hates RJs so much then why did they just sign that deal with Mesa?

ERJs have absolutely nothing to do with GE, and if they are as close to filing as everybody has said, then they wouldn't be responsible for the leases of the 328s either.

The deal with Mesa, by the way, includes extra potential RJ flying if DAL is able to cancel some 50s on order, or convert them into 70s. Once again, why does Delta say that they want less RJs then sign a contract that says the opposite?

I know that B.B. is flying in a 170 in delta colors to ATL this week or weekend......

So if delta wants to get rid of the rj's then maybe the 170s will replace them

but since we get paid rj wages to fly the 170, i guess it technically is an RJ

so the rj's will never go away..... :(

Latest resources

Back