Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

duke600

hedgehog
My buddy said the chief pilot told them they will be filing bankrupcy by the end of the month. They are doing ok, but because delta is going to file they have to also. Any truth to this?

duke600 said:
My buddy said the chief pilot told them they will be filing bankrupcy by the end of the month. They are doing ok, but because delta is going to file they have to also. Any truth to this?

I would think they would come back to us for more concessions first (at DL). They are worried about another 200 or so Captains retiring Sept 1st, though, so that may cause it. If they do file, then you can bet that all of us will get pay cuts. But, so will the creditors. Labor has given $2.3 billion so far, and the creditors have given $100 million in concessions. That doesn't sound right.

Bye Bye--General Lee

My instructors brother who flies for ASA said the Chief Pilot at ASA is leaving for SWA and SWA is going to buy Skywest, including ASA, and then buy Comair too.

Then Xjet is going to buy Continental and United, while Northwest and Delta merge, and American picks up shop and moves the entire company to flying in the middle east.

gkrangers said:
My instructors brother who flies for ASA said the Chief Pilot at ASA is leaving for SWA and SWA is going to buy Skywest, including ASA, and then buy Comair too.

Then Xjet is going to buy Continental and United, while Northwest and Delta merge, and American picks up shop and moves the entire company to flying in the middle east.
Wrong, wrong, WRONG!

They're goin' to China.

:)

It really isn't newsworthy to say that Delta will take Comair into bankruptcy with them.

Comair will not declare bankruptcy. According to the SEC, Comair doesn't exist. They're only a DOT entity. They're all a part of Delta, who will inevitibly declare bankruptcy.

gkrangers said:

I heard the same thing from my neighbors wife's cousin who heard it from the janitor's inside the mens room at CVG.

duke600 said:

Yes. DL's the Titanic and Comair is the liferaft that's gonna get sucked under by the undertow of the sinking ship.

When USAirways declared the first time around, they took Allegheny, Piedmont, and PSA right along with them as wholly-owned entities. When Delta declares, the Comair folks are in for an entirely different ride than the ASA people, but I'm sure it will suck all the same.

DGdaPilot said:
Yes. DL's the Titanic and Comair is the liferaft that's gonna get sucked under by the undertow of the sinking ship.

when did DL become the Titanic? I thought that was reserved for us at US Air.

Latest resources

Back