• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair gets bent again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then enlighten me and explain to me why Comair, which was reporting profits at the time of filing, is in bankruptcy?

Because, since they operate as a subsiderary of Delta, they would have been and unsecured and unprotected asset and would have fallen prey to Delta creditors and because it was legal and because they could. This was nothing that Comair chose on their own.

Then why did a profitable company like Comair have to be included in Delta's bankruptcy? Because if they did not, then Comair would have been an unprotected asset and they would have come under immediate attack from the Delta creditors. It would have been a catastrophy for Comair. (this is very old news).

Why can't Comair exit bankruptcy on it's own? From all the legal postings and jargon I've read, they can, once all loose ends are tied with their creditors. They just finished a lengthy fight with the pilots, which was required for them to emerge from BK and they are still negoiatng with lease agrements on a few remaining aircraft. They still have a ways to go.

Why is Comair using Delta's bankruptcy to force bankruptcy court approved paycuts on it's employees? That is too simple ... BECAUSE THEY CAN

Comair has to exit with Delta for the same reason they entered, because they still will be an unprotected asset. I do understand they are separate companies and have separate work agreements within their respected organizations. They are connected though, they may have separate identities but Delta is the reason they are in bankruptcy.

Comair may be "a part" of the Delta family, but they are definitely NOT DELTA in any way, shape or form

So what your saying is that Delta owns Comair but has no affiliation?

What you have just typed is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

So what your saying is that Delta owns Comair but has no affiliation?

What you have just typed is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

He's only quoting what DAL and its wholly-owned mgmts have been telling their employees since 1999. If you don't like it, take it up with DAL mgmt.

Here are two examples.

1. DAL files BK, CA does not. DAL owes ASIG money for fuel, ASIG takes possession of CA airplane because it is a DAL asset, but it is not protected by BK court. So DAL says CA IS a part of DAL to protect those assets.

2. CA pilots take paycut because they are part of DAL and need to "share the pain". DAL employees get a raise. DAL says CA IS NOT a part of DAL, so CA employees do not get a raise.

Corporate Relations DAL style-101

Last edited:
I just heard from a friend that there is going to be some sort of payment to the pilots at Comair. Anybody have any info?????

So what your saying is that Delta owns Comair but has no affiliation? That is correct ... other that pass privelges and such, no Comair employee benfits from their affiliation with Delta

So what your saying is that Delta owns Comair but has no affiliation? That is correct ... other that pass privelges and such, no Comair employee benfits from their affiliation with Delta

No, they obviously don't benefit. They just get to take paycuts so the company that brought them into bankruptcy can get out and give their employees raises.

They are connected though, they may have separate identities but Delta is the reason they are in bankruptcy.

Of course they are connected, Delta owns Comair. But neither employee group has anything to do with the other. This is the point I continue to argue.

And Yes, Delta is the reason Comair is in BK ... Delta is the reason for most of the Comair demise.

No, they obviously don't benefit. They just get to take paycuts so the company that brought them into bankruptcy can get out and give their employees raises.

You are correct. And you are correct in saying THEIR EMPLOYEES, not Comair employees, not Delta family employees and of course not OUR employees.

Latest resources

Back