• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Future Uncertain ... Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is because many of them were originally to go to Comair. Trust me. Since these are 16 of the 900's currently allowed by mainline scope,

I think you might get those 900's mixed up with the Freedom's 900 that were suppose to go to Comair. These 900's are the original one's that Pinnacle made a deal with Delta in April 2007 which was while we still flew for NWA. This was pulled off from the company's website:

"Under the agreement, Pinnacle will directly acquire and finance the aircraft. Pinnacle will take delivery of the aircraft between November 2007 and July 2008, with scheduled service as a Delta Connection carrier beginning in December 2007. The term of the agreement is for ten years."

How is it that they were suppose to go to Comair if Pinnacle was the one that finance and took delivery of them from Bombardier?

I think you might get those 900's mixed up with the Freedom's 900 that were suppose to go to Comair. These 900's are the original one's that Pinnacle made a deal with Delta in April 2007 which was while we still flew for NWA. This was pulled off from the company's website:

"Under the agreement, Pinnacle will directly acquire and finance the aircraft. Pinnacle will take delivery of the aircraft between November 2007 and July 2008, with scheduled service as a Delta Connection carrier beginning in December 2007. The term of the agreement is for ten years."

How is it that they were suppose to go to Comair if Pinnacle was the one that finance and took delivery of them from Bombardier?

Intern company memo back at that time. Comair did not receive all that they were originally scheduled to receive as Delta redirected them to Pinnacle. Not confusing these at all with the "musical" Freedom ships that made the rounds.

How is delta going to take 16 900's from a bankrupt company that is cheap as hell after said bankruptcy and give them to another dci carrier and pay them more. How the heck do airlines make money in this biz?

How is delta going to take 16 900's from a bankrupt company that is cheap as hell after said bankruptcy and give them to another dci carrier and pay them more. How the heck do airlines make money in this biz?

Your thinking to much. Airline biz don't work like that...

I believe Comair had about 200 airplanes when they went into bankruptcy. Now look at them.

One "benefit" of hearing nothing but bad news for years on end is that you become pretty desensitized to them. I'm at the point where I almost want them to shut us down. For one thing, I want our situation to finally resolve one way or another, for another thing, I'm not sure that an airline whose very existence benefits only the top thirty or so people on the seniority list needs to continue to exist. The only "prospects" I have left here is another decade in the right seat of an RJ on reserve, so, the way I figure it, if I have to start over, what do I care if a bunch of people who spent the last thirty years flying from Kentucky to Kentucky also have to start over? A regional airline shouldn't resemble a nursing home, and this one does. Closely.

Not to bash on Comair, but if I had 3 stripes on my shoulder, I would be questioning why I am still there. Is it true (according to Airlinepilotcentral.com) that upgrade there is at 13-19 years depending on your base if things stay at status quo? And that pay stops at $43 an hour for FOs??

Look, I used to be at the regionals and drank the company koolaide all the way until my airline shut it's doors thinking my airline would turn around. Instead of me dreaming that I would upgrade soon because I was a senior FO, I should have bailed long before, my career would have turned out much better.

If everyone bailed from there, that would sure make Comair's future uncertain. Maybe Comair will survive or maybe Delta has never forgotten Comair's strike and will always bash that airline.

Not to bash on Comair, but if I had 3 stripes on my shoulder, I would be questioning why I am still there.

We all are. Some are waiting for class dates, some are leaving the industry, some just don't want to go another regional and have to go through the same thing again.

And most that have 3 stripes USED to have 4!!

Oh, and 13-19 yr upgrade time isn't accurate. Still shrinking from 174 airframes to 48. Currently < 60 airframes now. So unless something changes (not likely) there will never be another upgrade at Comair. Everyone pretty much knows that here. The company koolaid bucket has been dry for YEARS now, so that isn't the reason some are still here.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back