• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair FO Salary?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have plenty of PIC (last 6+ years CVG CA) so it came down to QOL and $. After factoring in a crash pad and loss of $ from using the commuter clause the money will be close enough after taxes that QOL most definately wins out.

Crash pad $300
Commute Clause (5hr/m x $71) $355
Not having to commute to JFK - PRICELESS!

BTW: Unless mgt runs a shuttle (which I don't see happening) you can double that commute clause loss.

Not saying commuting doesn't suck but here are the facts.

Crash pad in JFK $175 low end and $250 on the high end. Have yet to see a $300 crash pad in NYC in over two years of being based in JFK.

New York is one of the easier commutes I have done and yes I do come through CVG. Last two weeks I have rode first class on DAL mainline as an off line jumpseater. If times get hard you can two leg to any of the NYC airports from most anywhere in the country. It is not that bad, just plan ahead.

I'm not saying that when the displacement takes place CVG won't be a hard place to commute out of (I hope not as I go through CVG). It will not be like you think where you will be missing 5 plus hours of work a month. Not everybody being displaced lives in CVG.

Sorry for everyone at Comair as I spent a long time there in a past life. Keep you heads up as better times are ahead.

Does anybody have an exact $ on the net pay?

I've got a rough idea from the payrates but am unsure what the net would be with per diem and after taxes, union dues etc....

You asked your question like you got an education from the academy.

Fo on the 70 makes 44.16 at year 8
44.16 x 90(assuming line holder)=3974.4
Capt on 50 makes 70.94 at year 8
70.94 x 75(reserve) = 5320.5

Difference is 1346.1
per diem line holder (roughly)= 465
per diem reserve = 155 - 250

Now if she lives in cvg life may be easier but if not then why stay there. Next she won't be in cvg by winter and by spring 10 no one will. Does she want to stay at OH forever because if she does take a step back to FO, well that is where she will be for a long time. Finally shes a tard if she takes the step back and wants to move on.

Last edited:
Also for thoe people that are not from CVG but have found themselves there for the last couple of years, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO ESCAPE. Just think no more 24/7 whining from the whole city. No more nothing to do. Best yet though you can leave CVG.

I recently downgraded and after doing all the math I am losing 400.00 a month take home going from ca to fo after you include commuting and crashpad expenses. I look at it like this, I'm getting paid the same but I just have to pay 200 for two extra days off a month. I'll take that. Some factors that afffect the numbers:

1. Food seems to be a lot more when you don't know where or when you will eat.
2. I spend about 200 less/mo by not filling up the crashpad with food (and drinks) that I sometimes never get around to eating before it goes bad.
3. I would lose 1-2 days a month of pay using commuter clause. that's 500 on two days.
4. About 300 more per diem as lineholder
5. About 10 extra hours a week in 'commuting time'
6. Q-runner and Q-cab fares.
7. My 86 hour line flying through jfk being cvg based turns into about 92, 94 in the summer.
8. This job isn't worth staying 1 night in that crewroom
9. CVG hotel for training 39 a night, jfk for getting displaced and reporting the next day 120+.

These among others equate to a 400/mo paycut going from ca to fo.

Tell her to stay in CVG. That puts me one closer to resuming my 1K PIC quest that was cut short so abruptly!

Oh, can you CVG guys quit calling Howie "Exceptions?"

Really? A 'friend' has been there for 8 years and can't figure that stuff out for herself? What are you really using the information for?

And if someone here doesn't know after 8 yrs how to figure out their net pay...bizarro.

Nothing changes between FO and Capt wages except the hourly rate...per diem, trip/duty rigs, etc all else is the same.

Now how do you figure out this load manifest?!!?!?!?!?!?!

And if someone here doesn't know after 8 yrs how to figure out their net pay...bizarro.

Nothing changes between FO and Capt wages except the hourly rate...per diem, trip/duty rigs, etc all else is the same.

Now how do you figure out this load manifest?!!?!?!?!?!?!

I had the opportunity to be the first response on this thread, and it was going to be something similar.

Then I decided to just roll my eyes and watch from the sidelines.

Latest resources

Back