• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Firing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A PID is filed claiming sufficient operational integration between 3 carriers with completely different operations, missions, and aircraft. The PID is justifiably and correctly denied.

It took me a while to get up off the floor rolling with laughter. You've got to be kidding me! You really think the three carriers in question have completely different operations, missions, and aircraft? Ever look at a Delta schedule recently? Half the city pairs have a choice of Boeing, Douglas, Embraer, or Bombardier depending on what time of day you want to travel. There is absolutely no reason that every one of those flights shouldn't have been flown by Delta pilots. The PID being "justifiably and correctly denied" was the biggest screw-up in ALPA's history. :angryfire

It took me a while to get up off the floor rolling with laughter. You've got to be kidding me! You really think the three carriers in question have completely different operations, missions, and aircraft? Ever look at a Delta schedule recently? Half the city pairs have a choice of Boeing, Douglas, Embraer, or Bombardier depending on what time of day you want to travel. There is absolutely no reason that every one of those flights shouldn't have been flown by Delta pilots. The PID being "justifiably and correctly denied" was the biggest screw-up in ALPA's history. :angryfire

I won't argue that every one of our routes should be flown by Delta pilots. What that has to do with Comair pilots , I have no idea. Just because you, with your whopping 5000 hours--granted that the almighty RJ hour is double the experience and skill of other aircraft--think the PID denial was the biggest mistake in ALPA history does not make it so. I think that it was the smartest. Doing a 180 and supporting the age 65 change against the majority of ALPA membership opinion was that largest mistake.

..and don't forget to go :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Latest resources

Back